WnSoft Forums

Colour Management Problems

kgoreilly

Hi,

I've just purchased 4.48, and am using the 5 (beta 4), so I'm completely new to the program.

The photo I see in Photoshop looks very very different from the one I see in PicturesToExe. The colour is off, and the photo is too light. I'm sure it's a colour management problem.

The working space, and embedded profile of the photos is Adobe RGB, and I'm converting to BMP for the software.

The differences are not minor -any advice anyone?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi,

I've just purchased 4.48, and am using the 5 (beta 4), so I'm completely new to the program.

The photo I see in Photoshop looks very very different from the one I see in PicturesToExe. The colour is off, and the photo is too light. I'm sure it's a colour management problem.

The working space, and embedded profile of the photos is Adobe RGB, and I'm converting to BMP for the software.

The differences are not minor -any advice anyone?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

If you could post a zip file with a link we could check the results against PhotoShop and see if others have the same result. This would reveal whether the problem was somehow related to the BMP conversion. Normally jpg's are quite sufficient.

Go to "File" then "Create Backup in Zip" and the program will create the .pte file and zip up the image(s) as well. Post a link to this and several of us can check it out for you and perhaps find a solution.

If you have no place to post the zip, let us know how large and perhaps one of us with our own web site can post it for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Only advice I can offer is to convert to sRGB and that should fix your problem. PTE doesn't support AdobeRGB (at least not the current versions) and it doesn't really need to since all but a few very expensive monitors can display the full gamut of AdobeRGB.

Yes, once I convert to sRGB the problem disappears.

I've spent all day struggling with the problem, so thanks for sorting me out.