WnSoft Forums

Brats at the Gate

I attended my High School Reunion in Berlin, Germany a few weeks ago, and I put together a slideshow of the images I took during one night out at the Brandenburg Gate. We are all Military Brats, who attended either the Berlin American High School (1963-1994) or Thomas A. Roberts Elementary/High School from (1948-1994). We had over 400 people attend the reunion (alumni/teachers and a few parents). This night, some of the alumni headed down to the Gate to have pictures taken... 100+.

http://www.berlinreunion.com/bratsatthegate.exe (33mb file) created using Beta5 Version

I have a question... one person emailed me telling me that they play the slideshow, but all they get is the music, with no images... any idea, why? Is there something they need to upgrade?

Guest Techman1

Bryan,

Welcome to the forum. What version did you use to create your slideshow? I haven't viewed it yet, but if you used the latest beta version, the person only getting the sound could have a video card that doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

I'll try to download and view it today.

Regards,

Fred

Edited: Bryan, I downloaded and ran your slideshow. I would suspect that the problem that someone reported is probably due to them not having an adequate video card. I can tell it was created with the Beta 5 version, so that may be the issue.

I enjoyed the slideshow. It was fast and fun. The music is great for a reunion type slideshow. I'm sure the members of your High School reunion will enjoy seeing themselves. I really like your introduction slide (very cool looking graphic of the Brandenburg Gate). Fred

I think your presentation is a fun approach for sharing your snaps with all the participants. Music lyrics fit, I think. Fun pace. I wondered if the photos might deserve some more "rest" time for more detailed viewing and maybe conversation. I don't remember if the navigation bar is functional yet in Version 5. When it is functional, this type of show could then allow the viewers to pause where desired. Was this the show where the credits "whizzed" by too fast for my appreciation?

• 4 weeks later...
but all they get is the music, with no images... any idea, why?

It's happens sometimes, I found a solution that sometimes works : put two littles "blank" slides of 20 ms each with fade in transition of 20 ms (no quick transition).

It's often (not always) because there are too big pictures to load at the begining of the slideshow (for the two or three first slides).