WnSoft Forums

Source File Templates Wanted

Bubba

Hello Dominique (thedom),

When you brought up the idea of making and using templates for special effects, I also thought it was a good idea (and basic it still is). But in the weekend I started with a new slide show and worked a little bit with effects and sequences of the show. I realised and noticed that it is almost impossible to use "standardized" effects, because you make an effect for that specific sequence. Once you bring together 2, then 3, sometimes 7 slides in the "well known parent-child" order to achieve the effect.

I still don't know if I will release the templates as individual files or to put all the templates I will make in the future in the same file...

What do you think ? :huh:

I think, when you have a folder where you can keep only the very special and rather complicated templates (to use on some occasion) that will do. It will be impossible to make a template for every effect anyway, but in my opinion individual files are more convenient.

Greetings,

Cor

-viewing someone's slideshow then if I like the show's transitions, special effects, etc., be able to simply switch out the photos and music to fit my taste. In other words, I can see what the slideshow looks like and don't need written explanations.

Bubba

Hello Bubba,

There will be a problem, because the completed slideshows are .exe files remember.

Besides that, it is not very creatif to copy someone's work. I don't see how you can copy your own photos in a program of someone else (using the program it's possible I know if you have the .pte file), or how you can for example copy photo's of a show about India in a show of South Africa. Rather strange to me.

Greetings,

Cor

Hello Bubba,

There will be a problem, because the completed slideshows are .exe files remember.

Besides that, it is not very creatif to copy someone's work. I don't see how you can copy your own photos in a program of someone else (using the program it's possible I know if you have the .pte file), or how you can for example copy photo's of a show about India in a show of South Africa. Rather strange to me.

Greetings,

Cor

Cor,

It is only possible with the 'source file templates' (.pte files) of course.

Yes it's not very creative but that's my point. If some folks (like myself) are in a hurry and would like a creative slideshow, it would be nice to simply use someone else's masterpiece as the template. I still plan to work on the art of making good slideshows but an easy way out occassionally would be nice. Especially with some of the amazing shows others have posted.

Regarding switching photos: I've tested it and it looks good to me. I imagine it may not work easily with some special effects that are made outside of P2E (like the great show by JPD called "Verailles)."

Thanks, Bubba

Hello Bubba,

It is only possible with the 'source file templates' (.pte files) of course.

Yes it's not very creative but that's my point. If some folks (like myself) are in a hurry and would like a creative slideshow, it would be nice to simply use someone else's masterpiece as the template. I still plan to work on the art of making good slideshows but an easy way out occassionally would be nice. Especially with some of the amazing shows others have posted.

Yes, from PTE-side it's all possible and when there is no objection from the author.

Regarding switching photos: I've tested it and it looks good to me. I imagine it may not work easily with some special effects that are made outside of P2E (like the great show by JPD called "Verailles)."

I try to see as much shows as I can and like to puzzle things out myself. But you are right, we still can learn a lot of some members of the forum here and it is not enough to know how to use PTE, but you have to be also an expert in Photoshop-like programs too.

Greetings,

Cor