WnSoft Forums

Error with music in preview mode by customize sync

Tripstrilles

1. new show

2. timeline auto synchronisation

3. preview in timeline-mode with music o.k.

4. preview in main window:

after some images there is a loop. the image will not change, there are errors in music (mp3), after ca. 20 - 30 seconds the next image appears. this is every time but not even by the same image. if I create the show, there are no errors.

who has found the same problem?

I have made an error, I have meant not the customize sync, I have meant auto-sync in timeline, music as long as show.

Strange one !! :)

Possible issues:

- are all images the same size pixel-wise (eg 800x600) and roughly the same kb-wise (eg 100-150kb) ?

- are your transition times set to allow them to finish before the next image is called up ? (eg. a transition time of 4000ms with an image duration (on-screen time) of 3000ms is a no-go.

Those are my suggestions, I am sure others will have better

Good luck

picture-size the same.

effect 3500 ms.

customize sync auto ca. 5,5 sec..

error only in normal preview, not in preview with timeline.

ready show without errors.

all mp3 (1 file) o.k.

I must say, the picture which doesn´t change flickers - in german flackert -. the next image appears for a few seconds, than, the image before is on screen. This happens two or three times. Then, after 20 - 30 seconds, the next image will come.

I tried everything, the problems didn´t go away. Only in timeline prview all is o.k.. Yesterday I have viewed my ready show with 155 images. It first seems to run well. But in this time, after ca. 80 images, there were errors in music but it plays. The image tried to change but it doesn´t work. After this, the music played normally, the image freezes on screen, and I must press - strg-alt-entf - to stop the show. I tried the show again in normal preview-mode. This time the problems came after ca. 20 images. I stopped preview and started it again with the image before the error. Now it runs o.k. for some pictures. When the next error came, I did the same - stop the preview and start it again one image before the error comes. Preview runs o.k. for some pictures ... and so on and so on.

I tried all the same with internal mp3-player and at different computers - every time the same, but not even at the same point of the show.

If I play all without background music, there are no problems.

I tried mp3 with variable bitrate 192 kb (Lame) and with constant bitrate 128 kb (Lame). MP3-files are all o.k..

I have downloaded a show at beechbrook. In this show there was this error too.

:huh::D:blink::(:)

I have downloaded a show at beechbrook. In this show there was this error too.

At this it seems clear something doesn't work in your machine... Did you try to defrag your Hdd? Try also to test the free memory and system resources while playing a show (there are many freeware programs to do this test, but Windows too has a function alike, different in various Windows editions (the best are in Win98 and 2000, the worst in ME).

AMD Athlon 2000+, 512 MB Ram, no resident program, Windows 2000 SP 3; testing at 3 other computers with win 98. Image-size between 80 and 130 kb.

The errors come only with background music and auto-sync with timeline. I have downloaded the largest shows from beechbrook and they play all without problems. I think that there are problems in PTE-Versions upper 3.8. Other shows of mine witz PTE 3.8 and lower are running perfectly. Test will go on. :D