WnSoft Forums

Tutorial PTE 5.0

Cèlou

In love with PTE, I have to make several tutoriaux in French concerning this program.

1- To include/understand the functions dd Step by step the editor of object

2- Run of text

3- Step by step for the realization of a zoom

4- To make a success of panoramic

5 -To make turn an object

Some of these tutoriaux are accompanied by an explanatory assembly.

If people wish to receive these tutos, they have only to make of it the request by mall and it is readily that I will send to them.

In love with PTE, I have to make several tutoriaux in French concerning this program.

1- To include/understand the functions dd Step by step the editor of object

2- Run of text

3- Step by step for the realization of a zoom

4- To make a success of panoramic

5 -To make turn an object

Some of these tutoriaux are accompanied by an explanatory assembly.

If people wish to receive these tutos, they have only to make of it the request by mall and it is readily that I will send to them.

could you please send them to me ?

Thanks !

Merci !

gracias

Célou,

I receveid your file. Thank you.

There is a lot of work in here !

I only had a quick look for the moment but I noticed something that seems quite dangerous in your "zoom tutorial".

You recommend to put the picture in the "original" mode.

Doing this, your zoom is dependant of the screen resolution.

Somebody who watch your show in a 1024 x 768 resolution will see something totaly different than somebody in 1600 x 1200.

I think it's quite dangerous. :unsure:

I give in this tuto the principle and the bases which I personally tested in the screen résolution, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 and everything works normally.

Now each is free to adapt him(it) according to the personal configuration.

But I repeat, the principle will remain the same.

I do not see or is the risk and if however there is one of them, thank you to explain it to me.

I give in this tuto the principle and the bases which I personally tested in the screen résolution, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 and everything works normally.

Now each is free to adapt him(it) according to the personal configuration.

But I repeat, the principle will remain the same.

I do not see or is the risk and if however there is one of them, thank you to explain it to me.

Célou,

Sorry for taking so long to answer.

To show you the risk, I made a little demo :

ORIGINAL.jpg

[click on the picture to download the demo]

This demonstration was made to show the risk to use the "original" mode for your pictures.

In the first slide, the picture is in "original" mode.

in the second slide, the same picture is in the "fit to slide" mode.

The picture is supposed to be framed with the four blue rectangles (like in the thumbnail above).

First, watch the show in 1280x1024. => Same result for both slide, no problem.

Change your screen resolution and set 800x600.

Watch the show : oops, there is a small problem for the first slide (not presented as the way it was intended),

original2.jpg

but no problem with the second slide.

Conclusion : use "original" mode very precautioniously !

And if you don't want to be resolution dependant, "fit to slide" mode is safer.

Conclusion : use "original" mode very precautioniously !

After many and many tests, I am sure that the best way to work with V5 is to use "Original" mode for all the objects. It's only for level 1 object that it's interesting to use "Fit to slide".

The easiest way I found, if I want to have no resizing at 1280 x 960 for instance, is to put a rectangle of 1280 x 960 at the first level (opacity = 0%) with the option "Fit to screen" and put under this rectangle all the others objects with "original size" option. It's easier to prepare your pictures at the same scale in Photoshop or other, you will have the same rate for all your pictures and the same quality.

It's easier also to put your pictures at the right place, without any error. If somebody can explain me a better way, I agree to try to understand.

Jean-Pierre,

I totally agree (see this message I posted one hour ago) but - and I'm sure you noticed it - most people don't work with sub-objects. At the beginning, it was an answer to Célou who recommended in his tutorial to use "original" mode for a picture at level 1.

That's why I wrote those recommandations.

Actually, I should have add, "If you put an image in a slide not as a sub-object", use "fit to slide" mode. But most of people are not experts as you are, and I don't want to confuse them.

Do you agree ? :)

put a rectangle of 1280 x 960 at the first level (opacity = 0%)

Or you can use a "frame", it's faster because this object is a rectangle with opacity = 0% by default. :)

Afflicted, Dom,

I am not convinced of the whole.

I have me also made several tests in all the possible configurations and the original mode is that which convinced me more.

Now it east can be a question of appreciation, at all events, you ace can be reason, but me I think that I am not wrong.

Dominique Hello

Igor, Jean-Pierre, or anybody else, could you please confirm or infirm the following :

if your use "original" mode for a picture on level 1, the display of this picture is screen resolution dependant and will be cropped if the end-user uses a low-resolution to watch the show (lower than the one who made the show).

I thought my demo (here) was convincing, don't know if Célou watched it, but I think this question is crucial. And if I'm wrong, I would like to understand why.

Thank you for your help. :)

Yes, Dom, if it is the "Main slide", it will be cropped in smaller monitor resolutions.

However, in version 4.x, the main slide is automatically adjusted to fit the screen if the latter is too small.

It's may be crop if the screen definition of people is smaller as yours.

But to day, most of my slideshows (with 4.4xx) are in original mode, (1024x768), first because objects couldn't be fit to screen with V4.4 and to have a best quality because there is no resizing.

So with V5, you can choice what you want for the first level but always have the lower level at original parameter.

If you choice for the first level to be original, it will be necessary to have pictures at 1024 x 768 max (and they will not be good on 800 x 600 definitions).