WnSoft Forums

burning a slideshow to dvd w/ Roxio

Angie Kalthoff

well Angie we have found that you have to have a complete suite not LE to do what we are doing with the program -=- make dvd's

but all is not lost - you should be able to make vcd's with the LE -- this will give you an idea what is going on

and if you have a dvd/tv set the vcd should play in it

ken

you cant be too "thick" -- at least you posted in the right section:)

it will play in your computor with windows media player

see

How to prepare and then burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1408

and follow instructions

this is also in the pict to exe program help file

this is where we all started -- the basic instructions have not changed -- most of us did not have a dvd burner or the proper software when the option to create vcd'svcd or dvd's was made available --

you will be using cd's to make the vcd -- the advantage of vcd's is they are made in a very short time

see my post here re time for a dvd

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....t=0entry32326

and i have a pent 4 2.8 ghz system

ken

Ken, I tried making a vcd or whatever :rolleyes: and went to play it on my computer and got this message

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

???

Also, I already could play exe files on computers so why would anyone want to do it this way?? :blink:

Angie

your question was

And it will only play on a tv/ dvd set combo?? thanks for your help.

and i said it would play on computor -- apparently it will not play on yours

will it play on your home dvd/tv set up

your question was

Also, I already could play exe files on computers so why would anyone want to do it this way??

to test the file/burn/operation of their system

ken

when using the program it says it can't decode the files if that helps any. I'm stuck, anyone?? :unsure:

Angie

Hi Angie,

That sounds like Roxio can't use the codec you used to create the AVI file. Do you remember when you created the "Custom AVI" which video codec you chose? Can you open P2E, load any p2e file then go to Video, Create Custom AVI then click on Video Codec and write down the available codecs then report back? I suspect either you took the "default" which is the P2E codec which is only a template for encoding audio and informing one of the supported burn programs, or you chose a video codec which Roxio doesn't understand. There are a great number of free codecs available and all of them are not supported by software such as Roxio LTE which comes with many DVD burners. The one which you should use is Microsoft MPEG 4. If you don't have this one listed, then you should download and install the free ACE Mega CodecS Pro pack here:

http://www.soft32.com/download_3916.html

Lin

Ken, nope, just got a new computere w/ a burner so haven't done this before. It is Roxio Creator LE?? It came w/ our Dell computer.

Angie

Angie,

As Ken says, if you only have Roxio LE, you can't create dvd "video" versions of your pte shows. You have to purchase a complete program. The ones that come with Dell computers generally are included just to let you save pre-arranged material (i.e. "burn") to the dvd. You have to have "rendering" software if you want to create a dvd from an "avi" file. You might consider purchasing a copy of "Nero" (around $100), or some other video-creating program (do a search on this forum to read up on the subject).

p.s.are you talking a tv w/ a dvd inside??

Ken was referring to a separate tv and dvd player system, connected together to play normal dvd's such as the ones that are used for movies, etc.

Also, I already could play exe files on computers so why would anyone want to do it this way??

You are right - you will have much better quality if you stick with "exe" computer-based versions of your shows. DVD's are used mainly for passing your shows on to other people who may not be able to view them on their pc's. This will be especially important with version 5, as a pretty high-end system is required in order to play all the new special effects. Nearly everyone these days has a dvd player, and there is more likelihood that someone with a dvd player will be able to play your shows in "video" format. However, if you are creating your shows to play back yourself on your own equipment, you are better off to stick with the "exe" format. :)

• 1 year later...

I have Roxio 10 my dvd. every time i burn a dvd slideshow it and then play it in numerous dvd players, it fuzzes the screen, but i can hear my soundtrack perfect. the pictures are scrathy and ship. it is not burning correctly at all. i have a dvd+r drive and i am using dvd+r dvd's. what could i be doing wrong?HELP!