WnSoft Forums

"COMIC EFFECT" Tutorial

thedom

A very detailed tutorial on how to use my "Comic Effect" Photoshop action (see my original post here on Wnsoft forum).

TheDom-ComicEffectTut-Small.jpg

[click on the image to directly access the download page]

The archive includes the Video itself which runs for about 22 minutes (divided in 14 steps)

IMPORTANT : to watch the tutorial, double-click on the "Comic Effect Tutorial.html" file.

In case you don't have flash installed yet, you can enable your system to read it by going to the MacroMedia site here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

In case you didn't already downloaded it, I included in the archive as a sub-archive my "Comic Effect" Pack which contains :

- the action itself (TheDom-ComicEffect-ATN4.atn) (BE CAREFULL, version 4 uploaded this morning).

- 3 kinds of Balloons masks : regular, onomatopeia, sound fx (134 .png files).

Set your screen resolution at 1280x1024 (or more) to watch the show fullscreen.

Even if you already know how to use my action, have a look at this tutorial, I'm quite sure you gonna learn something.

If you really don't want to watch the tutorial ;) but only need the "Comic Effect" Pack, you can download it separetely here.

Thank you for your feedback. :D

I’ve just downloaded and watched your tutorial.

Well done Dom !!

Proof (if indeed proof was needed) that an elaborate soundtrack with audio instructions is NOT a necessity for a video tutorial to be successful.

This approach, using ‘mouse-clicks’ / arrows / and text, does the job just as well.

Congratulations ~ you’ve done an excellent job.

bjc

Very nice, the Dom! I just watched the tutorial and while I'm not at a PC that has Photoshop on it, I can't wait to try it. :D

It looks very clear and well, designed.

One small thing which may be a quirk of my machine... when I got to the last lesson (about how to save your work), it kept repeating that lesson, rather than stopping the "show". No problem to just stop it, but thought you should know.

Thanks again. Believe it or not, I want to try it on a couple of my son's wedding pictures! :rolleyes: I think they'll love it.

Thanks guys for your feedback.

when I got to the last lesson (about how to save your work), it kept repeating that lesson, rather than stopping the "show". No problem to just stop it, but thought you should know.

Thanks again. Believe it or not, I want to try it on a couple of my son's wedding pictures! :rolleyes: I think they'll love it.

David,

I think this is a bug of Camtasia and I'm afraid there is nothing I can do to prevent it. <_<

But thank you for letting me know.

I would appreciate if you could share the final results (pic before and after), just to see what it looks like. :)

Thanks guys for your feedback.

David,

I think this is a bug of Camtasia and I'm afraid there is nothing I can do to prevent it. <_<

But thank you for letting me know.

I would appreciate if you could share the final results (pic before and after), just to see what it looks like. :)

I'd be happy to... it may be a week or two out. But I'll try to remember to post it. Thanks again.