WnSoft Forums

"Screen/Caption of show"--what does this do???

goddi

I stuck this question in with another problem I was having but didn't get any takers. So let me put it upfront and I hope someone can help.

I am assuming that when you use the "Screen/Caption of show", the text will appear on every slide. I have tried this many times but I cannot seem to get it to do anything. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get this function working??? Thanks... Gary

...I am assuming that when you use the "Screen/Caption of show", the text will appear on every slide. I have tried this many times but I cannot seem to get it to do anything. ...

Hmmmm.... Nobody seems to what to respond to this question. But I also just tried it in V5.x and, again, the text does not show up there either. I can really use this feature in an upcoming presentation, if someone can point me in the right direction. :blink:

Thanks, Gary

Guest Techman1

Gary,

I haven't ever used this function. I tried it and can not tell where (if at all), the caption shows up.

Sorry I can't offer any words of advice here, but maybe someone else will respond if they know.

Regards,

Fred

Gary,

I haven't ever used this function. I tried it and can not tell where (if at all), the caption shows up.

Sorry I can't offer any words of advice here, but maybe someone else will respond if they know.

Regards,

Fred

Fred... Maybe there is another way of doing what I am trying to do. I have made a big slideshow containing 3 individual slideshows. Each show is a halloween party, but each from a different year. What I'd like to do is show the year of the party on each slide so the viewers know which year playing. I figured that a "Caption" would do this. Is there another way that is quick and easy to display the same text on each slide of a particular slideshow???? Thanks... Gary

ver 4.48

SCREEN/CAPTION of show

when checked shows along top of window when running the program in windowed mode

in the 1, screen shot, i show that i entered 2004

and when i run the show - 2 - just above the nav bar 2004 is shown

so you have to be running windowed mode

and i would suggest running it a size less than your normal screen size

so if you are running 1024/768 then you would set the show size to less than that

if you want the picture name on every slide you have to go to the comments tab and check the appropriate boxes -- colour position etc

ken

post-16-1159557401_thumb.jpg

post-16-1159557418_thumb.jpg

ver 4.48

SCREEN/CAPTION of show

when checked shows along top of window when running the program in windowed mode...

so you have to be running windowed mode

and i would suggest running it a size less than your normal screen size

so if you are running 1024/768 then you would set the show size to less than that

ken

Ken... Thanks for shedding light on this issue. I tried it and it works fine. Now, I am going to be showing this using a digital projector (which I have only a little experience with). If I set the screen size (in PTE) to 1024x768, will it show just as if I had chosen Fullscreen Mode, but with the Caption showing???

Thanks... Gary

Guest Techman1

Ken,

Thanks for enlightening us all. I don't run any slideshows in window mode, so that explains why I couldn't see this working.

Gary,

If each of your slideshows is setup on it's own, you could use the watermark portion of the program and create an image file that has the text you want shown (e.g., Halloween 2003). This would show up on every slide in that slideshow (including title slides), but it should do what you are after.

Go to: Project Options --> Advanced --> Click Show Copyright Logo --> Customize Logo

I use this for watermarking my images for proofing photos for clients, but it should work fine for your purpose.

Let me know if I can help.

Fred

Gary,

If each of your slideshows is setup on it's own, you could use the watermark portion of the program and create an image file that has the text you want shown (e.g., Halloween 2003). This would show up on every slide in that slideshow (including title slides), but it should do what you are after.

Go to: Project Options --> Advanced --> Click Show Copyright Logo --> Customize Logo

I use this for watermarking my images for proofing photos for clients, but it should work fine for your purpose.

Let me know if I can help.

Fred

Fred.... Wonderful!!!! Thanks for the tip. I did not think of using the Copyright Logo. I made some text in Photoshop and it worked just great. Super thanks to all for your help. Now I just have to figure out why I can't get the Menu show to remain on the screen.

Sincerely, Gary