WnSoft Forums

Remember Version 4.48?

Ronniebootwest

Are you getting a little tired of seeing version 5 demo's?

Take a short trip down memory lane and download this little quiz show that the kids will love. Maybe even the grown up kids will not get top score!

Download it Here:

Hi Dom, Thanks for your nice comments! I agree that you should be proud of your 'Genious' score - I wonder how many other 'grown ups' can reach this level?

BTW what has happened to my pdf tutorials on your site? I cannot see a couple of them now, have you removed them?

Ron

BTW what has happened to my pdf tutorials on your site? I cannot see a couple of them now, have you removed them?

Don't worry Ron, your tutorials are still there. :)

Actually, I modified the "PTE tutorials" categorie.

Now there are two distinct sub-categories :

- Tutorials : Full tutorials about PicturesToExe v5.xx

- Documentation : Guides, tutorials, tips, how to on a specific point of PicturesToExe v5.xx

Yours tutorials are now in the documentation sub-categorie.

I added sub-categories too for the useful files categorie and for the useful tutorials categorie.

Btw, if you can help me to improve the name of those categories and their descriptions, I would really appreciate. :)

Hi Dom, Thanks for your nice comments! I agree that you should be proud of your 'Genious' score - I wonder how many other 'grown ups' can reach this level?

Ron

LOL - too cool, but a really "smart" kid would likely "miss" a couple "correct" answers. For example, even though the red lighthouse "boat" has "Ship" plainly painted on its side, I strongly suspect any Royal Navy representative would laugh at the designation "Ship" applied to a vessel which could hardly be expected to navigate the deep water seas, but more likely be anchored somwhere to warn true "ships" to avoid a dangerous situation.

The "cottage" fails two of the three accepted qualities for membership in the category. It's two stories and not in a rural setting. Perhaps at one time before the addition was built on it may have been closer to a cottage than a house, but most children would definitely think this more of a house than a cottage..

Cottage:

1. A small, single-storied house, especially in the country.

2. A small vacation house.

[Middle English cotage, from Anglo-Norman, from Medieval Latin cotāgium, of Germanic origin.]

Ship:

a. A vessel of considerable size for deep-water navigation.

b, A sailing vessel having three or more square-rigged masts.

An aircraft or spacecraft. The crew of one of these vessels. One's fortune: When my ship comes in, I'll move to a larger house.

But then there is the "cultural" aspects of geographical differentiation. Perhaps locally the building would be widely recognized as a "cottage" and the fact that the red boat has "ship" plainly lettered on the side would qualify it for inclusion in that category. So kids in the U.K. would score better than kids in the U.S. who would call the red vessel a "boat" and the cottage a "house" - LOL. Of course in some parts of the world the red vessel would definitly qualify as a "ship" if the only craft known to navigate waters were hollowed out logs (priogue) such as found in South America's Orinoco Basin while the "cottage" would be known as a "hotel" in some African areas.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I agree with some of your comments but the slide show was not intended to illicit the 'brainiest child' in the world, it is merely a demonstration of what can be done with PTE (without any animation). Perhaps the person making a serious quiz show would spend much more time selecting the 'pictures' so that any ambiguity in the answers could be avoided.

My show is meant to demonstrate the concept of a quiz show and nothing more.

Ron

Lin,

I agree with some of your comments but the slide show was not intended to illicit the 'brainiest child' in the world, it is merely a demonstration of what can be done with PTE (without any animation). Perhaps the person making a serious quiz show would spend much more time selecting the 'pictures' so that any ambiguity in the answers could be avoided.

My show is meant to demonstrate the concept of a quiz show and nothing more.

Ron

=============

"...... I wonder how many other 'grown ups' can reach this level?" "......Maybe even the grown up kids will not get top score!"

=============

LOL - just commenting in jest on the above ....

I agree, a very excellent example to demonstrate alternative ways this older version of this superb tool could be used.

Best regards,

Lin

Just one problem when using screen definition above 1024 x 768 : the button change of place, I made a tutorial about this problem it's on Beechbrook at this adress

I downloaded this tutorial from Beechbrook but cannot work out how to run it! Is it in French or English please. Can you supply some quick notes on how to get the thing started.

Ron

The English is not so bad! But you still did not provide some help on gettin the tutorial to run.

Sorry, I have forget to read correctly what you write. To start you just have to click on "Exécuter" wich mean Run, wait a little and click on the british flag. You must wait a little between 2 views.