WnSoft Forums

Interrogation

JPD

My PC isn't a 2 chevaux (neither a Ferrari), and I was disapointed to be enable to see your two shows about Spain. I know that at least 2 of my shows (Versailles" and "Chantilly" don't run on all PC, it's the reason for which I did AVI.

It is a very kind attention !

"Fantaisies florales" (V1 and V3) is the very first slideshow created with the beta V5 which runs smoothly as silk and that, on my antique and beloved 2 chevaux !

All the others downloadable here or on Beechbrook Cottage site behave more or less jerky and some are totally unreadable for me. In short ... headache guaranteed

Patrick,

It was near the same with V4, some people used too big pictures or doesn't put enough time between two transitions and there were also problems to read there Sliseshows. It would be the same with any tools, if you ask to a PC to do more than it can do, there will be problems.

People, with the time found the good rules to work with V4 (I remember my slideshow Alsace, when I didn't know the rules), it's necessary to do the same with V5. It's just a little more difficult because of the graphic card, but there with something I agree with you, we have to think when design a slideshow to those who have less powerfull PC and have a 4 chevaux (bigger than a 2 chevaux).

Vive les voitures françaises :D

Patrick,

It was near the same with V4, some people used too big pictures or doesn't put enough time between two transitions and there were also problems to read there Sliseshows. It would be the same with any tools, if you ask to a PC to do more than it can do, there will be problems.

People, with the time found the good rules to work with V4 (I remember my slideshow Alsace, when I didn't know the rules), it's necessary to do the same with V5. It's just a little more difficult because of the graphic card, but there with something I agree with you, we have to think when design a slideshow to those who have less powerfull PC and have a 4 chevaux (bigger than a 2 chevaux).

Vive les voitures françaises :D

I was, of course, speaking "tongue in cheek" when I made the "2 chevaux" analogy. My own machine is certainly not formula 1. It's more than 5 years old, but, since installing a half decent video card, I'm pleased to say, all the show I've downloaded have run perfectly.

Your point regarding the observance of certain rules is perfectly valid. It would be pretty stupid to create something that can only be seen on ones own Super Comuter. BUT, where that self restraint start to limit creativity, then it is surely time to move foreward and get, at least, a modest Jaguar! B]

John

BUT, where that self restraint start to limit creativity

May be a little, but not sure. If I had to redo to day "Versailles" exactly the same quality and effects it will run smoother than now, because between the day I did it and to day, I have learned many things. It was exactly what happen with Lin Evans's Puzzle, he didn't modify the result but did it with another way.

Note, Jaguar are nice and so british :-)