WnSoft Forums

Laser TV

Ken Cox

Too cool! That's unfortunately the nature of technology. We can't actually produce and market the inventions as fast as they are invented because the R&D curve is miles ahead of production capabilities.

Many years ago in the very late 60's when I was working as a PBX/Microwave repairman for AT&T in the Grand Station in Los Angeles, CA, we had step-by-step dialing. Two new systems (crossbar and computer) had been invented but the process of change-over was so complex that even though our potential technology was essentially 20 years ahead of what we had as an installed base, we couldn't make the change-over because of costs. Fiber-optic technology was actually "known" in the very late 40's but has only today become the de jure for new installations. We frequently skip one or two generations of major improvements for practical reasons. It's like the energy situation where we are bound because of financial pressures by oil companies to use fossil fuel when there are inventions which have been suppressed which would make free energy in abundance available to the world, but doing so would wreck many national economies.

This new laser television may indeed replace LCD and Plasma before they really even gain common use - LOL. But what's really the issue in large countries is providing backward compatibility with systems such as NTSC which was developed in the late 40's and still is the predominate technology in the U.S. This is why smaller countries have "leap-frogged" the U.S. in their broadcast using quality, high resolution television signals. We can't make all the existing receivers people paid dearly for in the past 10 years instantly obsolete so they must be phased out as the high definition systems are introduced. Sad - but a fact of life. It reminds me of the old GE advertising slogan" Progress is our most important product".....

Thanks for the link!

Best regards,

Lin

.....oil companies to use fossil fuel when there are inventions which have been suppressed which would make free energy in abundance available to the world, but doing so would wreck many national economies.

Lin

Lin,

off topic I know, but, this snippet caught my eye.

Do you have a link where I can get more information?

John (formerly with Shell!)

John

in the late'40's we used to read articles in the magazines "improve gas mileage patents suppressed"

so i googled it and lo and behold lots of reading but not conclusive evidence that patents were suppressed :(

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=im...earch&meta=

but where there is smoke there is fire

and i would not doubt in the least that big oil has suppressed a lot of good ideas to decrease the use of oil

our city is called the chemical valley of Canada --we have among other things 4 refineries - Shell, Sunoco, Nova and Imperial/Exon, which in no way makes me an expert on patent suppression B)

but just maybe some patents/ideas have been suppressed

ken

Hi All,

Very interesting (although off topic)...Did you see the Discovery Channel Program (today) about the U-31...yes a U-Boat.

A brand new U-Boat - Class 220 which uses the 'Walter Propulsion Drive' surpressed after WW.II. This machine extracts Hydrogen from Seawater and drives a 3.Megawatt Motor (yes 3 Megawatts) to drive the Sub. It was open to "allcomers" for inspections, needless to say many 'jaws' dropped throught the floor as the machine is silent and leaves no environmental residue whatsoever. And they cracked the danger problem. It seems its future Trials & Tests will be a forerunner to other work in creating 'cheap-energy' from seawater. Just like the new Jumbo-Airbus this could not have happened without the combined resources of the E.U.

Just shows you what unfettered developments can achieve...

Brian.Conflow

Lin,

off topic I know, but, this snippet caught my eye.

Do you have a link where I can get more information?

John (formerly with Shell!)

Hi John,

There's almost too much to even contemplate, but Tom Bearden's site is a good place to start:

http://www.cheniere.org/

From the considerable continuing university research (under the radar, of course) on cold fusion to numerous working inventions using variants of zero point energy extraction, breaking water molecules into their hydrogen/oxygen atoms without electrolysis, etc., to fuel autos and trucks via water, the list is exhaustive but mostly doomed to ever reach production until fossil fuel reserves are depleted. I've had the pleasure of seeing a few of these with my own eyes and can tell you that there's a tremendous amount of R&D which has been happening for many years but suppressed for commercial purposes.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi John,

There's almost too much to even contemplate, but Tom Bearden's site is a good place to start:

http://www.cheniere.org/

Best regards,

Lin

Very interesting, if a little hard to get ones head round. It's paradoxical that a vacuum is not the least likely source of energy.

I've always thought that the fusion route had the greatest chance of succeeding. But, little is heard about that nowerdays.

A cynic might think that is because some significant progress has been made!

It's ultimate advent, or something like it, will have a wonderfully relaxing effect on the grip certain parties have on the west's dangly bits!

John