WnSoft Forums

5 Beta...Question on functions...

goddi

I understand that many functions are not yet working in 5Beta. However, I am trying it out and I have a couple questions.

I made a simple single slide with 3 png text images that rotate into the single frame. In 'Objects and Animations', I tried to put a wav sound file to one of the 3 png text images as they rotated into the frame. But it did not work. In fact, I got an error message when clicking on Preview, "Assertion failure (C:\Worlds\PicPack\MusicUtils.pas, line 125". I don't even have this folder on my PC. Will I eventually be able to put a different wav sound to each of the 3 png text files as they rotate into the frame???

Also, when I then changed it so that the wav file was in the Project Options/Music, the sound played find, but it keeps repeating itself over and over. I do not have the 'repeat' box checked. Is this also a beta thing?

Thanks... Gary

Gary.

Individual sounds can't yet be put to slides in 5b6.We have to wait untill the final version when it will be available.

One way around your problem is to measure the time scale between your sound effects and the next slides using Timeline and add silence between them in Audacity or fact simular.Don't forget to check..(close the slide show after last slide) or your sound track will keep looping untill ESC is pressed.

Another useful method is to create a Mp3 music track for the full length of your show and insert your sound effects at the correct times, then mix the hole shooting match down into one track in Audacity.

Hope this has been of some help.

Tom.

Gary.

Individual sounds can't yet be put to slides in 5b6.We have to wait untill the final version when it will be available.

One way around your problem is to measure the time scale between your sound effects and the next slides using Timeline and add silence between them in Audacity or fact simular.Don't forget to check..(close the slide show after last slide) or your sound track will keep looping untill ESC is pressed.

Another useful method is to create a Mp3 music track for the full length of your show and insert your sound effects at the correct times, then mix the hole shooting match down into one track in Audacity.

Hope this has been of some help.

Tom.

Hi Tom... Thanks for the clarification. I was fairly sure that was the case but since I am a bit lost with the new version, I was not sure. But the more I play with it, I seem to get a bit further in cranking something out. And thanks for the suggestions... Can't wait for the final version.... :blink: Gary