WnSoft Forums

Free Tool for Image Extraction for your Transparent PNGs

mhwarner

I've been following this topic with interest. I have successfully downloaded the exe.files but when I try to download the tutorial I get the following message "Your session was not validated and anti-leach measures are in effect". I have disarmed my anti-virus, spam and firewwall but still get this message.

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

Many thanks

Gordon Cochrane

UK

Photoshop Elements V5 incorporates this tool and there is a well documented Forum :

Elements User Forums > Photoshop Elements > Elements for Beginners\ Magic Extraction Tool

Henri

Henri et al.

I did not take as much notice of this as I should have done when you first posted it as I don't have v5 and usually use CS2 but....

I checked and found this tool is also in Elements v4. I copied the plugin from Elements into the filters folder for CS2 and it works a treat.

Peter

I have found a solution to the problem of being left with a black and white image.

This is in Photoshop CS. Not sure if it is the best approach but it works.

Create duplicate layer of the image you want to extract. Use the GML GrowCut Mask, refine borders etc and click finish. On black white image select the white and delete the selection. You will now see the image you wanted to extract on a black background. It will still have the selection line around it. Switch back to the first layer or background layer and do edit copy, edit paste and your selection will be placed on a new layer with a transparent background. Delete the other layers (or just switch them off) then save as a png file.

gogs

Peter,

If your use is for a show designed for playback on a pc, then select "none". I don't know about one that is intended for video. I always use "none" for DVD use, too, and it seems fine.

Al,

Many thanks. I could not find any reference in Photoshop help files other than those relating to saving PNGs for the web. I did want to use several in a show that I eventually want to put on a DVD and started to wonder if I was doing the right thing by not interlacing. If it works for you that's good enough for me so you have given me the confidence to continue. Thanks again.

Peter