WnSoft Forums

saving presentation

freebird

I am so sorry if I am duplicating a question but I have been trying to solve this all day and I'm now tearing my hair out.

I've managed to do a couple of presentations and passed them on to the presenter to play on their PC or Laptop with no problem but this one I've done today, I saved to disk in the usual way but they can't play it on their PC.......

It's needed for 9.00am in the morning ( WED) if any one is online can you help me out please.

Thanks.

Hi Freebird,

Welcome on the forum.

When you say "they can't play it on their PC", what do you mean ?

What's happening when they are trying to play it ?

Is there an error message ?

What are the characteritics of this last slideshow which doesn't play ?

What is different in this one compared with the others which play fine ?

Please provide more information if you want us to help you. :)

I am so sorry if I am duplicating a question but I have been trying to solve this all day and I'm now tearing my hair out.

I've managed to do a couple of presentations and passed them on to the presenter to play on their PC or Laptop with no problem but this one I've done today, I saved to disk in the usual way but they can't play it on their PC.......

It's needed for 9.00am in the morning ( WED) if any one is online can you help me out please.

Thanks.

Well usually they just switch on, put CD in and it runs automatically but now when she puts either of the two CD's in, I gave her they just don't run saying that it doesn't know which programme the file was created in ?

But usually it just runs with no probs ?

thanks

freebird ( Merseyside, UK, BTW)

p.s thanks for the welcome, I'm not a happy chic tonight so lost my manners there for a moment !

it's a presentation for parents of disabled childre, with 53 slides of pics and background music playing to the end !

Freebird

Well usually they just switch on, put CD in and it runs automatically but now when she puts either of the two CD's in, I gave her they just don't run saying that it doesn't know which programme the file was created in ?

thanks

p.s thanks for the welcome, I'm not a happy chic tonight so lost my manners there for a moment !

it's a presentation for parents of disabled childre, with 53 slides of pics and background music playing to the end !

Freebird

As you've probably guessed, I'm not very technical so the presentation is just photos and background music, and the only difference between this on and the others is a couple of different pics !

thanks

Freebird

thanks

Freebird

As you've probably guessed, I'm not very technical so the presentation is just photos and background music, and the only difference between this on and the others is a couple of different pics !

thanks

Freebird

just tried the CD on my daughter's PC up stairs and won't play on that either,

I've done several copies in case it was the CD but still no good !

When I play the CD on my PC it plays ok, but is that because I have PicturesToExe on the hard drive ?

Freebird

can I talk saving through please, this is the way I saved.

When presentation complete, I saved in My docs.

Then I opened My Computer, from "start" and right clicked on the file, then clicked send to...

then write to CD.

It copies and says that files on CD are......

ECMpresentation ( the name of my presentation )

I double click and it plays ok on my PC..

but then won't play on my daughter's or friends ?

Freebird

can you guys stick around for me for a moment please whilst I try to save it as an EXE..I'll be back soon

thank you

freebird

I'm close to giving in guys it's now telling me that it can't find the audio file as I'm trying to save as EXE.......

if you can't hang around I'll understand, as I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box so this might take me a while !

Freebird

always save as the file name -- this creates the pte file wich contains all the smarts as to what the program is to do

create as the file name makes the exe which is the working version of the pte -- all your picts and music put together as directed by the pte

ken

it's close to midnight here, but I can't give up, as this lady is doing a presentation to professionals who are delivering services to our children who are disabled and she is relying on me handing this CD to here at 9.00 am in the morning....

I've saved it as an EXE now but I can't copy it to the CD...maybe it's because I am tired and have a blinding headache but if I right click and,...... send to...it won't...........

how did you get the pte to a cd

with xp's send to command?

ken

yes Ken, I have Nero on a CD, which was given to me the other day but I havn't had the chance to install it yet !

I think that I might have done it this time....

I'm just running up stairs to check it out on my daughter's pc...fingers crossed.....

well i do have nero installed on my system

but i do not have the send to command enabled to send to a formatted cd-rw enabled

do you by chance have a usb port and a usb memory stick that you can send the exe to

of course this will be no help if the lady coming in the morning is not usb equipped

you did not say how you got the pte on the cd

and

you must start with a fresh cd to send the exe to

ken

When your sun sets, tonight and if you have a clear sky, look up and the sweetest star, is my lovely Mum looking down on you saying thanks for help me out tonight..xxxx

I knew that my Mum would guide me to you ! my Mum is by my side whenever things get tough for me..she was a very loving but strong lady and she lets me try my best and yes sometimes I struggle but when things get really tough, she steps in and lends a helping hand.. bless her..

thank you Ken....I know have a CD to hand over to this friend of mine, she is meeting me at my daughter's school in the morning, on her way to her presentation and she will now be able to use my CD, thanks to you.

If I was in Toronto I'd but you a "pint" of your chosen brew...

thanks mate

love and peace

Freebird x

I've never been to Canada, but I'll look up your Town on the Internet.......

The Conference tomorrow is for Parents to try and tell Professionals what our plight is and how the services from our local Authorities can help to meet the needs of our children..so the slide show, should have an impact !

Hugs {{{xxx}}} from a very tired, "Liver Bird" in Liverpool, Merseyside, UK

thanks again xx

Freebird x

well i do have nero installed on my system

but i do not have the send to command enabled to send to a formatted cd-rw enabled

Ken,

When I select a file and then "Send to", I have 13 choices of destinations, 2 of which are CD-related. One is for CD's which have been set up as "Direct CD's", and the other indicates "DVD-RAM Drive (D)". If I select this option, Win XP saves this file to a temporary folder, and I get a notice asking for further instructions. If I click on the temporary icon on my toolbar, I can elect to burn the file, in which case I get a CD "Wizzard" which then proceeds to burn the file onto the CD in the CD/DVD drive. I have no idea which program it uses to do this, as it acts as if it were a "generic" program, part of Win XP. But it does burn the CD.

Sounds like you have another happy customer! :) Congrats!

Al

used to have the burners enabled for the send to command but have them disabled -- have directcd out of the startup loop

have a plugin but it requires a formated cd-rw disk in a burner

see

http://www.ntifilecd.com/main_filecd.htm

hope freebird makes it ok

freebird

see my signature for my location - mapquest will take you there

ken