WnSoft Forums

Another great music source

lathompson

It is indeed a great value. Not only do you get the full version, but there are multiple cuts with convenient timings, etc. In some cases as many as 11 separate selections ranging from 30 seconds or so to 5 minutes. The music is quite good and mood selected.

This is interesting. The issue is that musicians with well known bands and leading jobs are under contract to ASCAP or such so that their music is mass marketed and subject to very stringent regulation. But in the world there are many, many talented musicians and vocalists who struggle to make ends meet and make a decent living. Some of them are now discovering the world of royalty free music and the web which offers a chance to not only share their music with a large audience, but also make a decent income from doing so. This works not only in the favor of the musician, but also in the favor of those small business people who would love to use decent background music for web, for slideshows, for wedding photographers, for clients, etc., but can't foot the bill for the normal $35 U.S. or more charges for a single royalty free selection from the big guys. If you consider that a wedding photographer might use as many as eight selections in a slideshow and multiply that by the cost of purchasing these tunes you find that it might cost nearly $300 for his or her overhead for a single event or wedding, etc.

By offerings such as this or the excellent selections from Barry's company, small business people can actually afford excellent music and the musician can make a decent living as well - it's really a win-win situation. What is needed in this direction is more vocal recordings along with the fine selection of instrumental music. There are thousands of older songs which are in the public domain and from which a great vocal selection might be made. Hopefully things will move also in this direction!

Thanks much for the link, Larry - this is yet another great source which will grow in variety and size over time.

Best regards,

Lin

Just had this site brought to my attention.

http://www.stock20.com/commerce/index.php

The music, although limited in quanity, is pretty good and at $7.00 per song, is a very nice value.

larry

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for this tip. I tried it out and I think the music is fine for backroundmusic in slightshows.

If I understood it correctly you can get a free starting bonus of 7 $ if you use this link below to create your account on this site (just click on "Create One Now"):

http://www.stock20.com/gvr.php?rc=65xl2nv5742asd5v2x

In this link should be a code included that give´s you (and I think also me) a bonus. So if you use it, you and me can benefit from this (you don´t have to pay anything to create the account) :-)

Best

Hormann