WnSoft Forums

Lost Registration Key

crystalcoo

I've been trying to get my lost registration key from support all week. Has anyone else had success doing this? I've emailed to the "orders" address, but I'm not getting a response! I've recently replaced my desktop computer and need to re-install my programs. Anyone got any suggestions to get this resolved?

I've been trying to get my lost registration key from support all week. Has anyone else had success doing this? I've emailed to the "orders" address, but I'm not getting a response! I've recently replaced my desktop computer and need to re-install my programs. Anyone got any suggestions to get this resolved?

Crystal,

Welcome to the forum!

Do you still have the old computer? If so, look for a file in the PTE program folder called "PTE.KEY" or "PTE.REG", copy it over to the PTE program folder on the new pc, and double-click on it to install it into the registry (it is a text file exactly 231 bytes in size).

If you don't have your old files, then send an email to support@wnsoft.com.

Best of luck!

Crystal,

Welcome to the forum!

Do you still have the old computer? If so, look for a file in the PTE program folder called "PTE.KEY" or "PTE.REG", copy it over to the PTE program folder on the new pc, and double-click on it to install it into the registry (it is a text file exactly 231 bytes in size).

Best of luck!

Yes, I do still have the old computer, but I didn't replace my monitor. So... I have to disconnect my monitor from the new machine, then hook it up to the old one, then switch it back. I thought it would be easier to get my key from support. The monitor's an old CRT model & it's not easy to move... plus I don't have a lot of space to work in. The instructions when installing the software tell you to contact: orders@wnsoft.com for lost registration keys. I've done this twice now. I'll try sending the same message to the address you offered. Thanks for your suggestions!

I lost everything on my computer due to another program going wrong and trying to correct it. I asked orders@wnsoft.com to let me have another key and downloaded PTE again. It was just like starting again and the key arrived after a few days with three lines to copy and paste to Notepad. You then open PicturesToExe and a dialog appears with - at bottom left - Load Key. You will then see an Open dialog, and you navigate to your saved file in Notepad. Your PTE will be registered and any upgrades will afterwards be similar registered automatically. I hope that this helps - you can contact me at johnwnjr@aol.com.

John

I have just thought why you may not be getting a reply from orders@wnsoft.com

You need to give them your full name and your original Order ID, plus your e-mail address, when you request your key.

John

Crystal,

Welcome to the forum!

Best of luck!

Hi Al

I opened up this dialogue out of interest as i am very conscious of the problems when files get lost. I've looked through my file directory and I don't have any file called PTE.KEY or PTE.REG yet I am able to open and use PTE. Am I missing something, please?

Gordon Cochrane, Cardiff

OK... I still have not heard from wnsoft regarding my lost registration key. I finally re-connected my old computer to a monitor so I could look for the files mentioned in the above post. Those files are not listed in the Pics2Exe program folder. Am I looking in the right place? When I started the program on the old computer, I checked the registration and I am registered with a business license with them. Unfortunately, the registration key info is not listed under the Help menu in the program.

Not sure what else I can do at this point. I've emailed them twice now, but still no response. I gave them my name & (2) email addresses (because I wasn't sure which one I was using when I purchased the license). Anyone know of a phone number to contact someone?

Hi Al

I opened up this dialogue out of interest as i am very conscious of the problems when files get lost. I've looked through my file directory and I don't have any file called PTE.KEY or PTE.REG yet I am able to open and use PTE. Am I missing something, please?

Gordon Cochrane, Cardiff

Gordon,

Check to see if you have a file called "REG.KEY". The registration key appears under different names, depending on when you first registered. Mine is called "PTE.KEY". Without it, you won't be able to re-install PTE if you move to a new pc.

OK... I still have not heard from wnsoft regarding my lost registration key. I finally re-connected my old computer to a monitor so I could look for the files mentioned in the above post. Those files are not listed in the Pics2Exe program folder. Am I looking in the right place? When I started the program on the old computer, I checked the registration and I am registered with a business license with them. Unfortunately, the registration key info is not listed under the Help menu in the program.

Not sure what else I can do at this point. I've emailed them twice now, but still no response. I gave them my name & (2) email addresses (because I wasn't sure which one I was using when I purchased the license). Anyone know of a phone number to contact someone?

Crystal,

Here is a thread with some information about the key. Check to see if you have a program called "REG.KEY" in the program folder. You won't find the registration number information in the "Help" menu. Igor will probably come to your assistance as he follows these threads in the Forum. Best of luck! :)

I just did a search for the file REG.KEY... it doesn't exist on that computer.

Sorry, here is the link I forgot to attach to my post:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....l=reg\.key

However, since you don't seem to have any of the possible key files, you will have to obtain another one from WnSoft. Keep trying, and best of luck!