WnSoft Forums

another access violation

pbear-1

I have done several slide shows without incident. Today I was creating a variation of a previous show with a total of 295 slides + music. At about slide # 127 the show stopped with an acces violation message as follows:

Exception E Access Violation in module Bosque del Apache at03-05-06-music-295sl.exe at 0006AC45

Access violation at address 0046AC45 in module 'Bosque del Apache 03-05-06-music-295sl.exe'

Read od address CD640AEC

I am unable to proceed. What do I do next please?

Thanks for any assistance

josephm

I recommend you install and use latest v4.48 please open and create EXE file with slide show in v4.48 and let me know how it will work now.

If it will not help, please upload EXE file with slide show. I'll download it and quickly solve this problem. It seems that it's combination of parameters that causes this error message. The good moment that slide show works without any error on any PC, or slide show has this error also on all PCs. Because of this please don't worry about other slide shows if they work fine on your PC.

Did you rebuild EXE file of this slide show in v4.48 and same problem?

What file size of the EXE file?

What kind of music file you added to this project: MP3 or WMA?

Will the problem gone if replace music to another MP3 file?

Igor,

I took the same show, created an EXE file in the 4.48v and changed nothing else. It is about a 93 mb file. I used mp-3 music and did not try to replace any music. I think I will just have to start from scratch and do the show completely over using 4.48. I may not be able to complete this until after Christmas but then I'll get back to you either way. BTW, how do I make certain that 4.48 is permanent and not temporary trial version (since I already purchased P2E and this wshould be a free upgrade)?

jdm

Hello josephm,

What I would do is following: Load your pte file and run the presentation from the area (pic) where it occurs the problem. If the problem doens't happen in your sample preview I really don't know what's wrong and it should work fine after you made the exe. But anyway if the problem still occurs try delete pic 126-127-128 and reload (renew) them again at the same place and try again!

The best would be (always to make templates) and check if all files indeed are show up in bold if you load the pte from the template!

If you have add seperate objects or buttons and placed at a background pic they don't show up in bold but check if the files are in your template as well! Often the link stayed to their old location, even when you overwrite the template. In that case click location and replace the objects from the ones that are located inside your template. These two actions took away some similar errors I had in the past by loading older presentations and try to change music or addings some pics to it!

Hello josephm,

What I would do is following: Load your pte file and run the presentation from the area (pic) where it occurs the problem. If the problem doens't happen in your sample preview I really don't know what's wrong and it should work fine after you made the exe. But anyway if the problem still occurs try delete pic 126-127-128 and reload (renew) them again at the same place and try again!

The best would be (always to make templates) and check if all files indeed are show up in bold if you load the pte from the template!

If you have add seperate objects or buttons and placed at a background pic they don't show up in bold but check if the files are in your template as well! Often the link stayed to their old location, even when you overwrite the template. In that case click location and replace the objects from the ones that are located inside your template. These two actions took away some similar errors I had in the past by loading older presentations and try to change music or addings some pics to it!

Hans, I don't understand what you are recommending here. Can you spell it out in a simple, stepwise fashion? josephm

Joseph,

Hans will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he was recommending is that you check to see that you do have all of the images and image objects available, for images #127 on, in the folders where PTE is expecting to find them. Sometimes these images get deleted or moved or renamed once a show has been created, so that they are no longer available for use by the PTE project.

Another thing you might check is the music. Try running the show after the music has been deleted, or if synched to music, try replacing the music with another selection, or selections, of the same total length.

Joseph,

Hans will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he was recommending is that you check to see that you do have all of the images and image objects available, for images #127 on, in the folders where PTE is expecting to find them. Sometimes these images get deleted or moved or renamed once a show has been created, so that they are no longer available for use by the PTE project.

Another thing you might check is the music. Try running the show after the music has been deleted, or if synched to music, try replacing the music with another selection, or selections, of the same total length.

You beat me to the punch, Al. Turns out that the CD that I had purchased and used for the program must have some sort of protection in it precluding its use in other programs. When I deleted the music and ran a manual program it was fine and when I added other music in place of the first it also ran fine. Thanks for your input; your were right on.

josephm