WnSoft Forums

Previewing on Timeline from Specific Piont

isabel95

Embarrassed to say it's been a long time since I've used PTE and I'm having a bit of a problem in adjusting the timely. I'm updated to version 4.48.

I drag the triangle to a point near the end of the timeline because I want to preview from that point and the show always starts at the beginning.

What's the secret to get it to play from that point?

TIA.

Isabel

Embarrassed to say it's been a long time since I've used PTE and I'm having a bit of a problem in adjusting the timely. I'm updated to version 4.48.

I drag the triangle to a point near the end of the timeline because I want to preview from that point and the show always starts at the beginning.

TIA.

Isabel

Hello Isabel,

To play from any point in the timeline. First select 'Play', this will start playback from the beginning. Then right click on the timeline at the point you wish and the playback will restart from there.

Limey

Oops, DaveG is a faster typist, I'm glad we agree.

Not working for me. See this screen grab...

http://www.pbase.com/isabel95/image/71995256

I hit play and then pause so I can drag till near the end of the program, then hit play

and the program starts playing from the first slide.

And...although I chose in the project options to synchronize the music to the length of the music. I can't get it to change from 4 seconds between pictures and with 30 pictures and 5+ minutes of music it's just showing 4 seconds between pictures.

I'm completely confused.

I don't remember having this much trouble with previous versions of PTE.

I appreciate your input.

Isabel

Hello Isabel,

To play from any point in the timeline. First select 'Play', this will start playback from the beginning. Then right click on the timeline at the point you wish and the playback will restart from there.

Limey

Oops, DaveG is a faster typist, I'm glad we agree.

Not working for me. See this screen grab...

http://www.pbase.com/isabel95/image/71995256

I hit play and then pause so I can drag till near the end of the program, then hit play

And...although I chose in the project options to synchronize the music to the length of the music. I can't get it to change from 4 seconds between pictures and with 30 pictures and 5+ minutes of music it's just showing 4 seconds between pictures.

I'm completely confused.

I don't remember having this much trouble with previous versions of PTE.

I appreciate your input.

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

After 'Pause', scroll (don't drag the blue arrow) to the point in the timeline that you require, right click on the timeline and select 'Play'.

I'm still thinking about your second issue.

Limey

Just before the holiday - that's when bad things happen, isn't it?

While trying to figure out how to access the temp avi PTE makes and places in a mythical folder (because when you open your folder where it is supposedly parked in your video editing program it's not there - and not having any success, I gave up and saved the project as an exe file...then took it to my Plextor 760A DVD burner, which is just three months old and the darned thing would read the file but not burn it - and it just sat there, locking up the computer.

I had to reboot to get the thing out.

Tested other files and other blank disks to burn and the same thing happened each time.

Obviously, I shouldn't attempt any of this until the holidays are over.

Bah humbug.

Isabel

P.S. I have made some lovely programs with PTE and have a web page from which they can be downloaded. Just want you to know that I have used it successfully! They can be found here:

http://isabelcutler.com/MyPTESlideshows.html

Hi Isabel,

After 'Pause', scroll (don't drag the blue arrow) to the point in the timeline that you require, right click on the timeline and select 'Play'.

I'm still thinking about your second issue.

Limey

Gosh, I sound like a b--ch on wheels! Lacking patience is a large problem.

I do appreciate all your input...just so frustrating when equipment finks out on you!

Isabel

Just before the holiday - that's when bad things happen, isn't it?

While trying to figure out how to access the temp avi PTE makes and places in a mythical folder (because when you open your folder where it is supposedly parked in your video editing program it's not there - and not having any success, I gave up and saved the project as an exe file...then took it to my Plextor 760A DVD burner, which is just three months old and the darned thing would read the file but not burn it - and it just sat there, locking up the computer.

I had to reboot to get the thing out.

Tested other files and other blank disks to burn and the same thing happened each time.

Obviously, I shouldn't attempt any of this until the holidays are over.

Bah humbug.

Isabel

P.S. I have made some lovely programs with PTE and have a web page from which they can be downloaded. Just want you to know that I have used it successfully! They can be found here:

http://isabelcutler.com/MyPTESlideshows.html

Isabel,

Glad to see you are still with us!

You can also highlight one of the transitions on the timeline, press "Preview", and the program will preview from that point in full-screen mode. :)

Try "left-clicking" on the timeline instead of "right-clicking". When I "right-click", the moving triangle moves to the point of the cursor OK, but I also get a menu window.

And...although I chose in the project options to synchronize the music to the length of the music. I can't get it to change from 4 seconds between pictures and with 30 pictures and 5+ minutes of music it's just showing 4 seconds between pictures

Try moving the last transition to the end of the music, then, while it is still highlighted, "shift-click" on the first slide and then select "Timed points / arrange selected points". The slides will now be spread evenly over the entire length of the music.

>Try "left-clicking" on the timeline instead of "right-clicking". When I "right-click", the moving triangle moves to the point of the cursor OK, but I also get a menu window.<

Thanks for the correction Al, I meant "Left Click", it's the Green Christmas here in Montreal confusing me, or too much egg-nog.

Compliments of the season,

Limey

.... Al, I meant "Left Click", it's the Green Christmas here in Montreal confusing me, or too much egg-nog.

Compliments of the season,

Limey

I didn't know you were in Montreal! Hey, we're almost neighbours! We'll have to get together for a beer sometime! :lol: I know what you mean by the "green Christmas"!! :angry: Guess we'll just have to settle back and enjoy our egg-nog!! :)

Thanks, Al.

I've tried several different ways of making slideshows and PTE is still the best!...with the most helpful forum!

Happy holidays.

Isabel

Isabel,

Glad to see you are still with us!

You can also highlight one of the transitions on the timeline, press "Preview", and the program will preview from that point in full-screen mode. :)

Try "left-clicking" on the timeline instead of "right-clicking". When I "right-click", the moving triangle moves to the point of the cursor OK, but I also get a menu window.

Try moving the last transition to the end of the music, then, while it is still highlighted, "shift-click" on the first slide and then select "Timed points / arrange selected points". The slides will now be spread evenly over the entire length of the music.