WnSoft Forums

PXE not responding when quitting timeline

Flying Scotsman

Hi Guys, Need a bit of help. I`m loading an MP3 music file and when I`ve set the tranisitions on the timeline, all ok. When I press OK the programme freezes - control+alt+del tells me PXE is not responding and I have to kick out of it and start again. All other aspects of the PXE programme seem to be working OK. Also, no differenc when using a WAV or WMA music file. Any help would be very welcome? And a Happy New Year to on and all.

Please give us a little more info about your system (operating system, processor, RAM, sound card used, video card, etc.) Pretty hard for someone to remotely trouble-shoot it without knowing more about it. :)

Also, what happens if you remove the sound file completely? Will it exit from the timeline then?

Thanks Alrobin for replying - hope things are well in Canada. Sorry for lack of information, this was due to my writing about the problem in a great hurry. Up to now, I have done a fair few sequences without any problems whatsoever. So, here we go; I`m using PXE 4.48 on a Sony Viao laptop fitted with Pentium 4 processor and 512mB of RAM and graphics by ATI Radeon. Working on your question, if I go into the timeline and no music file then exit without doing anything - OK. If I have a music file entered by way of Project and go into timeline and exit without playing the music - OK. IF I go into timeline and play music without adding any transitions - problem occurs. One thought occurred to me; working on the principle that problems are caused by change, I didn`t seem to have this problem until I downloaded PXE v 5.8R to have a look at it and once I`d looked at it, I removed it from my computer - don`t know if that is of any significance. I also re-downloaded PXE 4.48 thinking that somehow my program had got corrupted, but that made no difference. Otherwise I cannot think of anything else. Help and thanks for taking the time to reply. Cheers.

Hi Igor. Thanks for your 4.49 Beta1. I installed it and the first time I used the timeline, everything worked OK. Went into timeline again after running a preview and the problem came back. Here is the error message: szAppName : p2e_prev.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : hungapp

szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Will try the 5.0 beta 8R as you suggest. Thanks for your help thus far.

Hello,

Do you have similar problem in other programs?

I really never heard about this problem before. Please check up PC for viruses.

As I understand PicturesToExe worked fine before and the problem happened only recently?

Hello Igor. I`m beginning to think it may be a little something my computer has picked up - thanks for the comment - I`ll check it out and get back to you. Meanwhile as part of my action I`ll remove 4.48 etc and 5.0 + all project files and start again. WIsh me luck!

Hello Igor. I`m beginning to think it may be a little something my computer has picked up - thanks for the comment - I`ll check it out and get back to you. Meanwhile as part of my action I`ll remove 4.48 etc and 5.0 + all project files and start again. WIsh me luck!

Hello Igor again. ABout the problem. Have scanned and no viruses, and no other programs (as far as I can see) behaving in a peculiar manner. Have again downloaded 4.49Beta1. From starting a project all is fine until I actually hit `play` in timeline, then when hitting `ok` the `not responding` occurs and I have to Control+Alt+Del to enter task manager which results in the PXE program terminating and my desktop. Also, when I add music and preview without visiting timeline, if I hit `escape` to stop the preview, the music stops and the picture freezes on screen - solved by control+alt+delete and ending task in task manager but this time I get back to the PXE screen. I apprectiate this is a very weird fault and on a previous reply to you I included the error message. One last thought, could it be something in the music files? I download from a CD using Media Player and have tried converting WMA files to MPĀ£ using a free convertor software called Switch. But I have removed Switch and the converted files thinking that may have been a contributory factor - but it appears, no. I have also tried system recovery and gone back about a month, but to no avail. Have you any other ideas? If not, I fear I can no longer make AV sequences which would be a great disappointment. WIth very best wishes. FS

Hello Igor again. ABout the problem. Have scanned and no viruses, and no other programs (as far as I can see) behaving in a peculiar manner. Have again downloaded 4.49Beta1. From starting a project all is fine until I actually hit `play` in timeline, then when hitting `ok` the `not responding` occurs and I have to Control+Alt+Del to enter task manager which results in the PXE program terminating and my desktop. Also, when I add music and preview without visiting timeline, if I hit `escape` to stop the preview, the music stops and the picture freezes on screen - solved by control+alt+delete and ending task in task manager but this time I get back to the PXE screen. I apprectiate this is a very weird fault and on a previous reply to you I included the error message. One last thought, could it be something in the music files? I download from a CD using Media Player and have tried converting WMA files to MPĀ£ using a free convertor software called Switch. But I have removed Switch and the converted files thinking that may have been a contributory factor - but it appears, no. I have also tried system recovery and gone back about a month, but to no avail. Have you any other ideas? If not, I fear I can no longer make AV sequences which would be a great disappointment. WIth very best wishes. FS

Latest. If I use the `pause` in timeline, when I quit `timeline` I get back to the main screen. Hooray!! Using `stop` give me the problem. But after using `pause` when I preview the first sloide in the sequence is not shown and I get a black screen then slide no 2 appears as normal and on time. But when I `escape` to stop the preview the music stops and the picture remains on the screen (Control+alt+del to fix). Hope this is a clue. Best wishes FS

Hello,

I prepared new test version:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/MusicTest1.zip (240 KB)

Please download it and run EXE file.

1) Click the button, when new windows appears, click "Test 1" button and choose some MP3 file. Music will play. Try to close window (Alt-F4 or click on red cross at right-top part of the window).

Will application hangs up?

Close EXE file.

2) Same test as above. After you pressed "Test 1" and music started, click on "Stop" button and try to close window (as described above). Will application hangs up?

Close EXE file.

3) Third test. When music will play, click "Stop and Exit" button. Will application hangs up?

Thanks in advance,