WnSoft Forums

Off-Topic Web Hosting

dagrace

I have a friend who had a bad experience with a web-hosting site. She's trying to run a real consulting business, and needs rock-solid up-time, email, etc.

Anyone just thrilled with their web hoster? I'd rather give her a couple good recommendations than just tell her to Google "web hosting". :unsure:

We're in the U.S., so I suppose US-based would be preferrable.

Thanks!

I know very little about web sites and hosting. I do know that my under-utilized (my fault) website has been absolutely reliable to the best of my knowledge. It seems to be very fast for downloads and when I have any support questions, the on-line answers are within minutes and right on target. I don't know that they really cater to doing web-site construction for you. But I think they are very reliable at hosting.

Full disclosure: I started with my host about three years ago after a similar reference here in this forum. I think if someone signs up "through" me, I get some kind of concession on my next renewal. If you want to take a look, you can click on the banner at the top of my page PTE.do-some-good.com. If someone does sign up through me, please let me know. :) I don't remember if there is any automatic credit or whether I or the new user has to bring it to the host's attention.

Also, there have been other satisfied users with their favorites that you can find by searching this forum. As for pricing - I studdied it carefully on the front end. But once I'm satisfied with the service, I don't trouble myself with keeping up with the competition and the many promotional approaches. I think my host is still competitive and a good value. As you already suggested, reliable value is probably real value.