WnSoft Forums

Complex Animations

Tomuk

Hi! All,

Has anybody discovered a way of saving created complex objects and animations so they can be use in other presentations or slide shows ?.

I have worked for long periods of time producing animations and then find they can only be used in the p2e that they were created in.

If anyone has an ideas I would be most grateful.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Not too long ago there was a discussion where Hawk provided a way of using copy/paste to move information from one to another PTE project. The "secret" was to keep both open - here is a link to the explanation....

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry31206

Best regards,

Lin

Hi! All,

Has anybody discovered a way of saving created complex objects and animations so they can be use in other presentations or slide shows ?.

I have worked for long periods of time producing animations and then find they can only be used in the p2e that they were created in.

If anyone has an ideas I would be most grateful.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Not too long ago there was a discussion where Hawk provided a way of using copy/paste to move information from one to another PTE project. The "secret" was to keep both open - here is a link to the explanation....

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry31206

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

It's great to find you back on the Forum, I hope all your problems are now behind you.

Once again you have come up trumps for me, I tried Hawks suggestion and it works great, all I have to do once slide is copied and pasted into new work, import a new background into it as an object,make it the main image by checking box then, delete old background if required. I don't think it's an ideal solution but it does work, maybe Igor and the team can create a file extention that will allow the saving of objects as layers (as in photo editing progs) then as an image that can be saved to the hard drive for future use.

Hint-Hint.

Anyway enough waffel,thanks again Lin.

Tom.

I tried Hawks suggestion and it works great

Yes the Hawk method permit to save much time even when working on a slideshow, you can work on one slide then copy and paste it in your project, it's wonderfull

..... maybe Igor and the team can create a file extention that will allow the saving of objects as layers (as in photo editing progs) then as an image that can be saved to the hard drive for future use.

Tom,

We already have one now - it's called "pte". :) It's possible to make a one-image show, add a bunch of objects and keypoints, etc., and save as a "pte" file, which retains all the component images and "layers".

What might be useful in order to simplify things further would be a utility that could "stitch" two or more pte shows together without having to copy from one to the other.

Tom,

We already have one now - it's called "pte". :) It's possible to make a one-image show, add a bunch of objects and keypoints, etc., and save as a "pte" file, which retains all the component images and "layers".

What might be useful in order to simplify things further would be a utility that could "stitch" two or more pte shows together without having to copy from one to the other.

Hi Al, I second your idea of being able to stitch pte's together, what a good idea!

Tom,

Al,

I appreciate what you are saying- but wouldn’t it be great if you could create an animation then save that animation into a folder on your hard drive for later use in projects.

PNG files are files in question, you can save the good bits with a transparent background and delete the chaff, the result can be used over and over again and a library can be built up.

I feel sure our sequence building would give us even more pleasure (if that’s at all possible) if we had this facility, one can only dream though.

At the moment I am creating fluttering winged butterflies, as per the Doms demo, (he kindly sent me his P2e file so I could emulate it) the fluttering takes a lot of keypoints to make it realistic and I don’t have the computer skills as you and JPD have, I believe you use spreadsheets somehow.

I must get myself off to my bed now as it’s 1.30 in the early hours here, thanks again for your help and I will speak to you virtually very soon.

Tom.

Hi Al, I second your idea of being able to stitch pte's together, what a good idea!

Maybe Boxing has a utility to do just that thing, give him a try.

Tom.

Maybe Boxing has a utility to do just that thing, give him a try.

Tom,

I'm sure Boxig would be able to create one, but as far as I know, he doesn't have anything yet for version 5. In fact, come to think of it, he has been very quiet on the subject of the new version. Granot, are you awake over there? :rolleyes:

I appreciate what you are saying- but wouldn't it be great if you could create an animation then save that animation into a folder on your hard drive for later use in projects.

PNG files are files in question, you can save the good bits with a transparent background and delete the chaff, the result can be used over and over again and a library can be built up.

I feel sure our sequence building would give us even more pleasure (if that's at all possible) if we had this facility, one can only dream though.

Well, an animation is more than just an image or a group of keypoints; we can save the images now in a central repository if we want, and reuse them for other shows but an animation sequence is a combination of so many different parameters and objects, that the most efficient way to save it would probably be to save the entire slide and all the associated images, objects, keypoints, etc. along with it. The easiest way to do this would be to use the "Create backup in zip" feature, or create a template with just the slides required in the animation.

If some objects are extraneous, they can be deleted, and the slide saved as a single-slide show, with only the essential components of the animation represented. Some animations are very dependent on the length of the transitions, not only immediately before, but immediately after that slide, or on a number of slides (like JP's photo album, or cube), so these should all be saved too. You could put them all in a special folder, along with all the images required. With Hawk's method for copying slides, we already have the capability now to save slides with interesting and complex animations, and copy them to a new or existing show.

It would be easy to replace slides with other ones in the new version, but I believe that just to expect a fresh group of slides and objects to be able to take on the characteristics of an animation, without actually copying the slides and objects along with it, would be expecting too much of the program. However, I could be wrong, and Igor might be able to come up with what you are suggesting - it has happened before! B)

At the moment I am creating fluttering winged butterflies, as per the Doms demo, (he kindly sent me his P2e file so I could emulate it) the fluttering takes a lot of keypoints to make it realistic and I don't have the computer skills as you and JPD have, I believe you use spreadsheets somehow.

Yes, a spreadsheet is ideal for creating a complex action, where the time of one part depends on the time of the previous one, or where it is necessary to divide the time equally between two end points, etc. It can also calculate the number of degrees of rotation for each object at each keypoint, in order to achieve a smooth effect. Using a spreadsheet for this also displays the various calculations in such a way that it is easy to visualize just what is required. With a spreadsheet, a complex algorithm can be set up and applied to determine the required numerical values associated with each object's PZR activity. And, with a spreadsheet, once it is set up, it is relatively easy to apply it to another similar show, but with different quantities of objects or objects with different starting and ending positions.

Sorry for being so long-winded - however now you have something more to read along with your breakfast coffee when you wake up tomorrow morning. :)