WnSoft Forums

PHOTO ALBUM V3

thedom

A more finalized demo (882 Ko).

TheDom-PhotoAlbum3-Small.jpg

[click on the image to directly access the download page]

I finally choosed the option to use png images to make most of the shadows instead of PTE rectangles with alpha channel because there is no antialising for PTE rectangles yet (in think it will in v5.1).

But I still use some PTE shadows that you won't see in this demo because it's only visible in O/A window.

That's why the final result will be little bit better.

Still have to wait to beta #9 to release a template.

Remember that it's only a demo.

Effects are over used but it's only to give you ideas of what you will be able to do...

Hi Dom

Another fantastic effect, I did enjoy the Demo. Whist I have no standing to do so, can I just mention a preference, it is with regard to the radius of the turning page, it seem to me that this would be better with a greater radius. It tends to curl up on its self, just my view.

Tom, feel free to use it as you want once released, I would be flattered.

Mike, thank you very much. I tried to improve with your radius comment, changed the shadows, added a photo on left page and made something more fluid.

Link modified in the original post.

But now, I'm afraid there are so many objects (mainly for dynamic shadows) that I'm afraid it's not as smooth. :unsure:

Could you tell me how it runs on your system (I have a very powerful graphic card and can't judge)

And please, tell me what else you think could be still improved.

Thanks again. :)

Dom

Just ran your lastest version and it worked very smoothly, for me the radius was a lot better, I will need to give some thought to what else I would be looking for, will get back to you.

G'day DOM

Let me start by saying how grateful I am for the work you are doing on the photobook, and await the template with baited breath.

Could you tell me how it runs on your system (I have a very powerful graphic card and can't judge)

P4 2.23Gb - 1G RAM - nvidia 5600 128K - 17in Trinitron 4 Year old system.

It ran well with a slight hesitation approx 40% of the way through the page turn, (first page, not cover, was the worst). This was slight and I could live with it.

I like the idea of the template having several covers, pages, colours, etc choices.

The photo mounts could be improved, I think I have some in a draw somewhere if I can find then I will post a photo. :)

Can I ask what font you are using? It is very attractive.

G'day DOM

Let me start by saying how grateful I am for the work you are doing on the photobook, and await the template with baited breath.

P4 2.23Gb - 1G RAM - nvidia 5600 128K - 17in Trinitron 4 Year old system.

It ran well with a slight hesitation approx 40% of the way through the page turn, (first page, not cover, was the worst). This was slight and I could live with it.

I like the idea of the template having several covers, pages, colours, etc choices.

The photo mounts could be improved, I think I have some in a draw somewhere if I can find then I will post a photo. :)

Can I ask what font you are using? It is very attractive.

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback.

Actually, there will be in the "template package" alternative covers, pages and photo corners too.

The number of photos will be your own choice : the photo album can include as many photos as you want.

The font I used for the "Wedding album" cover is Tiranti Solid LET.

I think it's a standard XP font but in case you don't have it, here it is : http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/letraset/tiranti-solid/solid/

Dom

You recently asked for some further thoughts on your photo album template. I see from your last posting that there will be a pack including different templates, thats good. The only other things I thought about was being able to change the radius of the turning page, being able to have two portrait photographs on a page and the ability to add a caption to each photograph. Not sure if this is just asking for too much, but these are my thoughts. Cannot wait for the release.

...... being able to have two portrait photographs on a page .......

Mike,

The best way to put 2 photos on a page is to combine them in your photo editing program into a single image. That way you have control over their orientation and appearance on the page (you can even rotate them so they are at an angle to each other, put on "corner tabs", add drop shadows, etc..)

Al

I fully appreciate that you can do this in Photoshop, but I thought that I saw the feature in TheDom's demo. I just wanted to make sure that he was covering the option in his latest template. Thanks again.

Mike,

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this template.

change the radius of the turning page,

No, sorry, it will not be an option because actually the radius depends on the shadows I set with keypoints.

Of course, feel free to modify the template and really do what you want with it but I'm afraid there will be a lot of work. But you can try. :)

being able to have two portrait photographs on a page

Yes, it will be possible but on the right pages only.

You will just have to duplicate the "picture" parent object (including the picture and the frame) and put it where you want. But be aware that it might cause some problem of smoothness.

And if you want to do it on the left pages (and on the right pages too), I recommend you to use the method suggested by Al just above (this method will prevent some problem, especially for people not familiar with PTE).

the ability to add a caption to each photograph.

Yes, that's one of the reason why I am waiting for beta 9 to release this template.

Anyway, I think I will release a fews days later a flash tutorial to show what will be feasible with this template.

I still have a lot of work on this template.

Thanks for the information, I cannot wait. By the way, I have recently been in and out of your website which is an Aladdin's cave of information for someone like me trying to get to the grips of PTE. Do you know when PTE Beta #9 will be available?

Mike

thedom Posted on: Feb 10 2007, 10:11 AM

Pinned: PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #8u

"Hi Gerdi,

Igor wrote 8 days ago that "Beta 9 will be during 2 weeks" (read here) .

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry37038

So I guess it should be avalaible in about 10 days if he and his team didn't have new and unexpected problems to solve for the development."

ken

A more finalized demo (882 Ko).

TheDom-PhotoAlbum3-Small.jpg

[click on the image to directly access the download page]

I finally choosed the option to use png images to make most of the shadows instead of PTE rectangles with alpha channel because there is no antialising for PTE rectangles yet (in think it will in v5.1).

But I still use some PTE shadows that you won't see in this demo because it's only visible in O/A window.

That's why the final result will be little bit better.

Still have to wait to beta #9 to release a template.

Remember that it's only a demo.

Effects are over used but it's only to give you ideas of what you will be able to do...

Hi.Please send the example to my email : cuatropatos@yahoo.com

Thanks

I continued to work on my photo album tonight.

I added :

- a "3D effect" at the beginning when the book opens,

- tried to improve the page radius (I think I still have to work a little bit more on it to improve the feeling that the page really turns)

- a "book closes" sequence.

- the ability to have two portrait photographs on a page (right and/or left) ;)

You can watch the file attached to see what it looks like now.

Do not hesitate to tell me what I still can improve.

The template is almost finished, I just will have to include the ability to add text when the feature will be avalaible.

I have to make alternative pages, covers and corners too.

At the beginning, I think I will release 3 or 4 of each and make new ones later if people ask for.

Would be interested if some of you could help me to design some nice ones...

I'm going in vaccation for skiing saturday morning for a week.

I think you can expect the template less than a week after beta 9. :)

template.zip

Hi

Have looked at the latest template and it really looks very good indeed, you put a lot of work into this project. The cover is really cool, I like that a lot, not sure about the radius of the turning pages, how would it look without a radius, would this be too wooden? I do like the album closing sequence. Will there be a section for a title or who the people are or the event?

Have a good holiday, hope that there is plenty of fresh snow, have a safe journey.

not sure about the radius of the turning pages, how would it look without a radius, would this be too wooden?

I'm afraid it would but I'm gonna try.

Will there be a section for a title or who the people are or the event?

There won't be a dedicated section for this in the template but it will be very easy to do.

You will just have to delete the "picture" parent object and replace it with a "text" object.

I will try to show how to do it in the future tutorial about this template.

Thanks again for your feedback, your interest and your wishes. :)