WnSoft Forums

Suggestion for next version of P2E

hotmetal

Is it possible to consider allowing text boxes and objects to be positioned to a custom co-ordinate instead of just the fixed ones.

Or, would it be possible to position text boxes and objects in object editor using the keyboard arrow keys as well as the mouse, this would allow for accurate possitioning.

Alan

Alan:

There have been several requests for changes regarding Object Editors in the recent past, but they tend to get lost in threads of other topics.

( :) I am hoping that Igor will be adding a new forum topic that will allow us to post request for changes and maybe vote for them. That will make it easier to see what is being suggested :) )

Having said that, there have been some requests to have the object editors remain in the same relative place regardless of the screen resolution. Is this the point you are making in your first request ?

Hi Jim,

Great idea to have a wish list and voting system, hope Igor does this.

I think what I'm asking for is a way to position and object by entering co-ordinates in a dialogue box, or being able to position the object by nudging it with the arrow keys rather than dragging and dropping with the mouse.

Alan

SEE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...act=ST&f=3&t=87

then

http://home.san.rr.com/dawhites/pte.htm

maybe if members would use Dana's wish list he might start bugging Igor again B)

also the search function of the forum can be used to hunt up background info

I think Igor's plan was to have a wish list located on this page

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index....php?act=SF&f=3

ken

Alan

Until such time "nudging/aligning with arrow keys" you may want to try working with a "grid"

Create a grid for example 800x600 in your graphic editor, and save as grid.jpg

In object editor add your grid.jpg as a picture FIRST.

Now add your Buttons/Text boxes and position them to the location, align with grid.

Click on the grid/background and choose "Remove"

Drag your mouse cursor around your Buttons/Text boxes and choose "Group"

Inside the Group - right click and choose "Copy"

You can now "Right" click in any slide and "Paste" same position in any slide.

Click on your Text box and choose "Properties" to edit Text.

If you wish a grid.jpg - 800x600 E-mail me and I will send to you.

Ralph

but it is a starting point

a lot of the newbies comin on need to know that we have not been sitting idle for the past few years B)

it is too bad Casey's wish list got lost -- if somebody starts a new wish list then all wishes and questions should go to that thread -- and any threads that come in along the the lines of " gee it would be nice if " should be ignored by the other forum members until it is put in the "wish List" thread

Igor get off your butt and start a wish list on this page

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index....php?act=SC&c=2

and happy easter to you all B)

ken

As much as I hate the idea and name of "Wish Lists" (except at Christmas time B) ) ... they are basically required for all practical improvement purposes in any program developement.

So let it be named as something like "Program Development Suggestions" or in similar fashion ... in its own category as Ken suggests. That way the history can archived/reviewed for "all" to see ... what "all" is wishing for ... "all" at the same time. B)