WnSoft Forums

error message PTE 5 8

targa912

When bringing images into 5 then trying to Preview I get a n error message Exception EAccessViolation module PTEPreview at 0006255E. Any ideas? Used images in PTE 4.48 and worked great. Need to add a couple zooms and a pan so trying to use PTE5. Just using jpegs images. Thanks for any help!! Love the forum!!

Bob W

When bringing images into 5 then trying to Preview I get a n error message Exception EAccessViolation module PTEPreview at 0006255E. Any ideas? Used images in PTE 4.48 and worked great. Need to add a couple zooms and a pan so trying to use PTE5. Just using jpegs images. Thanks for any help!! Love the forum!!

Bob W

Hi, Bob,

Welcome to the Forum!

Check the path designations for all your slides to make sure they are valid. Then check to see that no objects are used in the new show (the old v.4 objects are not recognized yet in v.5. Sometimes they get overlooked when copying to a new show. Also check the path designations for any music, either background, or "assigned" to specific images. (note that in v.5 you cannot yet assign music in "customize slide". Also try out the show without any music. Finally, examine the timeline to make sure there are no overlapping transitions, and that the transition for the last slide doesn't extend beyond an "end of slide" marker. Hope this helps. :)

Hi, Bob,

Welcome to the Forum!

Check the path designations for all your slides to make sure they are valid. Then check to see that no objects are used in the new show (the old v.4 objects are not recognized yet in v.5. Sometimes they get overlooked when copying to a new show. Also check the path designations for any music, either background, or "assigned" to specific images. (note that in v.5 you cannot yet assign music in "customize slide". Also try out the show without any music. Finally, examine the timeline to make sure there are no overlapping transitions, and that the transition for the last slide doesn't extend beyond an "end of slide" marker. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the quick reply!!! Check the path designations for all your slides to make sure they are valid Not sure what this means. Pretty much a beginner. No music in the show yet. WWWWill be adding but just for background. Slides on timeline seem ok.

Bob W.

Thanks for the quick reply!!! Check the path designations for all your slides to make sure they are valid Not sure what this means. Pretty much a beginner. No music in the show yet. WWWWill be adding but just for background. Slides on timeline seem ok.

Bob W.

Should be "Will be adding music but"

This message "Exception EAccessViolation module PTEPreview at 0006255E" tells that video card doesn't support hardware accelleration or has lesser than 32 MB of video memory.

Next beta 9 will work without such error, but Pan/Zoom effect will play not enough smooth. Please think about buying of modern video card with 128 MB of video memory.

This message "Exception EAccessViolation module PTEPreview at 0006255E" tells that video card doesn't support hardware accelleration or has lesser than 32 MB of video memory.

Next beta 9 will work without such error, but Pan/Zoom effect will play not enough smooth. Please think about buying of modern video card with 128 MB of video memory.

Hank, yep first time on 5.

tells that video card doesn't support hardware accelleration or has lesser than 32 MB of video memory. That looks like it. Tried it on my newer laptop and it works fine. Guess it's past time for some upgrades. Thanks!! I'll be back!!!

Bob W

Bob

My reason for asking was that another member had the same error message.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....dule+PTEPreview

But unfortunatly he did not reply to Al's remarks, therefore we did not know the outcome.

As Igor has answered - a definate video card problem.

I'll be back!!!

Soon I hope ! good luck.