WnSoft Forums

V5 animation

Tomuk

Hi! All,

I am posting once again looking for Help.........

I am trying to simulate an aircraft travelling horizontally across the screen, at the same time dropping a string of bombs, any ideas?.

Tom.

My "HMS Gloucester" sequence showed a Spitfire flying across the screen but they didn't carry bombs :D

Sorry Tom - being facetious. Having seen the "Volcano" sequence it is obvious that it can be done and I wish you luck with your answers.

Ron [uK}

That was a very good representation, Keith, of the Barnes Wallis bouncing bomb and should give Tom some encouragement.

Ron [uK]

at the same time dropping a string of bombs, any ideas?.

Look at my Wishes 2007, if you want the same thing, it' easy, put a rectangle and as children many objects ( bomb if you want, but sweets would be better :) ).

At the beginning, the objects are in the center of the rectangle, at the end give them differents values of pan (and rotate if you want).

Then you use pan zoom and rotate on the rectangle to go from the airplane to the background.

I didn't see Keith's post when I wrote, his exemple is perfect.

Hi Tom

Working on a little project myself - take a look , it may be of use to you for ideas.

I haven't treied sending attachments to the forum before so let me know if nothing appears. (It should be a zipped pte file).

Keith,

Thanks for your post, it's exactly what I was looking for. After seeing your project file and how you did it, it makes me wonder why I havn't thought of that myself, I'm still leaning towards the parent and child approach and I will send you my completed project file so you can compare.

Tom.

Ralph.zip

Keith,

Thanks for your post, it's exactly what I was looking for. After seeing your project file and how you did it, it makes me wonder why I havn't thought of that myself, I'm still leaning towards the parent and child approach and I will send you my completed project file so you can compare.

Tom.

On reflection I seem to have had the answer all the time, (please have a look at my attachment above),I think all I have to do is replace the parachutist with a bomb (or as JPD would have it, some sweets),

Can you improve it for me?

Sorry no sound,can't find a sound effect of the Lancaster.

Tom

Sorry no sound,can't find a sound effect of the Lancaster.

Hi Tom

Try http://www.sound-ideas.com/pdf/bbc1-40.pdf

BBC sound effects library is very comprehensive and sometimes the IAC library can be very helpful too.

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments about my short demo - it's the first one I've posted so it's pleasing to see it has had a good reception.

Tom - regarding the sound effects if you can get hold of a propellor driven aircraft noise you can multiply it up within audacity or audition (place each track slightly out of step with the other to give impression of multiple engines, maybe add some bass, and you'll probably have a fair representation).

In terms of improving the animation two thing spring to mind (1) you need to find a "mushroom" parachute image rather than the modern flying wing style p'chute, (2) can you make the propellor image on the spitfire include the spinner - at the moment the blades appear to be in front of the plane. Otherwise not bad.

I'll dig around for some engine sounds and send them onto you.

Good morning all, (Well it is 9am here in the uk)

Thank you one and all for your help and advice on this topic, to Ralph for the great sound effects he sent, JPD for pointing out the elementary error on the parachutist, Maureen, Ken, Ron(UK), The Dom, and last but no means least, Keith who’s demo and advice on the sound effect really gave me a lot of inspiration,

You have all proved once again what a friendly and helpful tool this Forum is.

Tom.