WnSoft Forums

Editing

Tomuk

Hi All

As a new user of PTE I would like your help!!!!.

Can anybody tell me how I can recover the files from a Created sequence for Re-Editing,

after completing my first show I noticed one or two mistakes that I would like to put right.

Unfortunatly the files that I used to creat the show are now scattered over various CD-ROMS making it impracticle to recompose the show from scatch...Please help.

Tomuk B)

Tomuk,

It wont be possible to gather all your resources used to make your "Created " slideshow from the compiled exe version.

If you have have not disabled the "PRINTSCREEN" function within PTEs settings ... you can can use that "key" function to print your pictures one by one as your review your compiled show during its playmode.

If you have disabled that "PRINTSCREEN" key function ... you will have to resort to using a graphics program with screen capture functions. You may have to resize/crop the new images ... pending how your original show was setup.

You can get the music files you used from within "Windows Temp" folder during runtime of the exe. These music files are temp extracted only during runtime ... and then removed after your shows playmode closes.

It is not possible to get a copy of the orig ".pte" build file you used to make your compiled .exe ... that hopefully you still have ... otherwise you start with a new one.

So with images and music in hand ... you will have to recreate the .pte file, settings used and other objects you may have used from scratch again. Hope you still have your .pte file

Tomuk,

If I may add, make a template of every slideshow you make so all the images and sounds will be kept in a separate folder for later use.

to make a template:

File, Templates, Make template.

Also, did you delete the PTE file ? try to find it, maybe it's somewhere on your computer, so at least you will have the files names. To look for it use the "Find" and write = *.*pte

Also, if you first copied images from CD to a folder and after making the slideshow you deleted the folder, and if you didn't emptied the recycle bin, maybe all images are still there.

Good luck

Granot

Granot.

You are a *, I looked in my recycle Bin and there,sitting proud was my folder containing all the pics from my show, reconstruction will now be a walk in the park, I don't know how to thank you enough B)B):D .

Tomuk.

... nobeefstu.

Great Handle!!!!

I am just writting to thank you for your kind help with my problem above, as you can see from my reply to Granot, my problem is now solved.

I would like to ask more question tho, is there any good tutorials on the web? and what software do you recommend for converting c/d tracks to Mp3.

I hope you don't mind me asking?

Tomuk.

Hello Tomuk,

Click on my tool link below and you will find several freeware program that get you from cd to MP3. I like using MP3 workshop "freeware", not related to the comercial version. I will watch what others mention and add to my list the link to freeware recommendations.

Enjoy the PTE adventure

Hello!

I'v got some ideas for pictures2exe...

When I click on a slide-row, there should be more menu items like

- copy slide parameters (effects)

- paste slide parameters

- copy comment text parameters

- paste comment text parameters

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In project menu, new menu items what we need:

- set copied slide parameters to all slide

- set copied comment text parameters to all slide

We want to draw and use own 256-color (grayscale) transition effect bitmaps

(see ScalaMM).

When I set bigger value into the slide parameters (for example: circle to

center), the profile of circles does not stretch...

We want to set any slide-row (in slide menu) to this: "next slide", "stop"

(still?).

With this system, we will be able to create tree-structure like slide shows,

not just "goto-system" between slide pictures with cliks.

And the most IMPORTANT thing: I want to use the TEXT COMMENTS with

ANTIALIASING! Because without antialiasing

the full text comment functions are unusable. And here we want to use some

effects like "outline", etc..

We want to play XM MODULE music, and synchronize the slide-show to module

pattern-row and song position numbers... with this funcion we can create

slideshows with more dinamycs.

MusaiC

:ph34r: