WnSoft Forums

compatibility

mwo_achenbach

Hi!

What must I do to make a show (created under V4.6 / template-dataset) running under V5#8A?

Who can help me?

Many thanks!

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I have been in your Country many times and I have really enjoyed myself ~ I note that nobody has

replied to your Post ~ this is a language problem and perhaps if you re-phase your question, such as:-

"Can I run a PTE.4.46 Show/Template on version PTE.5.8" ~ you will receive an answer.

I do not run PTE.5v8 ~ I run PTE.V4.8 and looking back on past posts on the Forum there seems to

be no problem doing this. Someone should be able to help you with the 'set-up'.

Brian.Conflow.

Manfred,

It depends a lot on which features your v.4 show uses. You can open a v.4 show in v.5, but you will most likely need to make some alterations before it will run in v.5 the way you want it to.

You have to remember that v.5 is still in "beta" mode, and many of the v.4 features are not yet activated yet in v.5, such as music via "Customize slide" and the "sound" line, true synchronization via the timeline, the navigation bar, mouse actions, and the "Object editor" buttons and text, to name but a few.

If your v.4 show is synched to music, the synchronization will be retained in v.5, and the duration for each slide will appear to be "customized". However, as various members have already pointed out, the synchronization is slightly different when previewing or playing the show than the way it appears on the timeline.

Hello Brian!

Many thanks for your immediate answer.

I believe you are right it was the word by word translation of the question in german. (my awful english!)

I visited Ireland 1986. It was a year with lots of rain and high tide.

Even so we had a tremendous boat trip on the Shannon.

I like Ireland!

Al has answered too. I believe the reason of the error message I get (assertion error) is the frequent use of the sound line. The show is a trip thru Namibia with many animal sounds: apes, lions, elefants, seals and so on. Even my comments are sounds.

Yours sincerely

Manfred Achenbach

Hi Manfred,

I have been in your Country many times and I have really enjoyed myself ~ I note that nobody has

replied to your Post ~ this is a language problem and perhaps if you re-phase your question, such as:-

"Can I run a PTE.4.46 Show/Template on version PTE.5.8" ~ you will receive an answer.

I do not run PTE.5v8 ~ I run PTE.V4.8 and looking back on past posts on the Forum there seems to

be no problem doing this. Someone should be able to help you with the 'set-up'.

Brian.Conflow.

Manfred,

I was pleased that Al Robinson replied to you ~ Al is one of the 'godfathers' of PTE and goes out of his way to help allcomers to PTE.

I also note that you and Al have something in common, namely Africa ~ you probably don't know that Al made a wonderful Show called "Upendi" which was photographed by Al in Africa. It has a 'directors theme' loosely based on the Disney Film 'The Lion King' ~

Al's intrepretation is to do with the Birds & the Bees (a wonderful theme) and a brilliant Show.

And in contrast, we lately had that wonderful Live Show out of Africa called "Umoja" (together-ness) the human kind.

Seeing that you shot all your Animal Photography in Namibia it might be an idea for you guys to swop experiences ~ forget the language problems ~ when I am in Bavaria your people go out of their way to help me over my terrible German.

Regards to you both.

Brian.Conflow.

I believe the reason of the error message I get (assertion error) is the frequent use of the sound line. The show is a trip thru Namibia with many animal sounds: apes, lions, elefants, seals and so on. Even my comments are sounds.

Manfred,

It's too bad, but you'll have to wait for Igor to add that feature back in for PTE v.5 before you can use it. In the meantime you might consider amalgamating all your sound effects and narration into one file using "Audacity" or better still, "Audition" or "Cubase". In any case I would be interested in seeing your show - any chance of posting either the version 4 show or a re-created version 5 show on Beechbrook or your own website?

Brian,

Thanks for the plug - flattery will get you everywhere! Maybe even a draught at Davy Byrnes! :D

But I can't post "Upendi" since, as you mentioned, it uses copyrighted music - wouldn't want to tangle with Disney! :)

Manfred,

It's too bad, but you'll have to wait for Igor to add that feature back in for PTE v.5 before you can use it. In the meantime you might consider amalgamating all your sound effects and narration into one file using "Audacity" or better still, "Audition" or "Cubase". In any case I would be interested in seeing your show - any chance of posting either the version 4 show or a re-created version 5 show on Beechbrook or your own website?

Brian,

Thanks for the plug - flattery will get you everywhere! Maybe even a draught at Davy Byrnes! :D

But I can't post "Upendi" since, as you mentioned, it uses copyrighted music - wouldn't want to tangle with Disney! :)

Al,

Don't mind your 'plug and flattery' ~ what I said was meant, and I think many people on this Forum would

join me in saying "thanks" for all your help over the years.

You know, if you wrote to Disney and asked permission (for non-commercial purposes) I'm sure they would

consider "Upendi" to be a compliment to the Lion King ~ I wouldn't be surprised if they asked you for a copy ~ its such a marvellous Show.

Here's hoping that might happen in 2007....

Brian.

Hello Al

Many thanks for your interest in my compatibility - problem.

My show has lots of slides and sounds. If you give me your email address I will try to send you the template as appendix. It was my first experience with PTE. I believe that I can improve it with V5!

By the way I can catch some word corresponding with you: Audacity, Audition, Cubase. What is plug-flattery?

In September I start an motorhome trip thru Canada Toronto Ottawa Quebec Montreal Toronto.

A big chance for a new slide show - foliage!

Manfred

Manfred,

Brian,

My show has lots of slides and sounds. If you give me your email address I will try to send you the template as appendix.

My email server isn't really suitable for large attachments. Nothing over 1 or 2 mb in size. However, perhaps you can bring me a copy when you pass through Ottawa in September! :) Or, maybe you could send it using "yousendit.com" or "dropload.com". My email address is alrobin @ sympatico.ca.

By the way I can catch some word corresponding with you: Audacity, Audition, Cubase. What is plug-flattery?

Audacity, Audition, and Cubase are all sound editors - you can find more about them if you do a search on Google.

A "plug" is a "compliment" or "a recommendation in favour of someone". "Flattery" means "compliment" or "cajolery" in an extreme sort of way to gain someone's favour.

We have a saying in English that "flattery will get you nowhere". In other words, "don't bother flattering me, because it won't make any difference to how I feel about you". I was turning this phrase around in my reply to Brian. (i.e. "Flattery will get you everywhere". :) )

In September I start an motorhome trip thru Canada Toronto Ottawa Quebec Montreal Toronto.

A big chance for a new slide show - foliage!

This is a very pretty part of Canada that time of the year. However, the colours seem to be later now than they were before "global warming". Around here they last from mid-September to mid-October now. However, every year seems to be different. Let me know when you will be in Ottawa, and I would be happy to show you around some of my favourite locations. I can also give you a last-minute report on how the colours are shaping up if you like.

Hi Manfred,

Just to follow from Al's reply:-

* Sound Editor=Ton Herausgeber Programm. From 'stichhaltiger' to stitch together or make better sound.

* Audacity Sound Editor from:- audacity.soundforge.net (Frei Programm)

* Audition Sound Editor from:- Adobe Audition from www.adobe.com (Angibot $300)

* Cubase Sound Editor from :- From www.steinberg.net (Angibot Euro 98)

Pardon my poor German but you understand ~

Brian.Conflow.