WnSoft Forums

Reading a v4.48 PTE file with v5 :

Carolo

All is in the title...

I need it because I'd like to create an MPEG2 file from a v4.48 file.

When I try to open it on v5, I can just import the picture : impossible to import the sound and the synchronisation (of course).

Normal ? Impossible ?

Friendly,

YVES

Bienvenue sur ce forum, Yves, je te confirme que c'est possible, en tenant compte des restrictions que je t'ai indiqué.

I confirm you it's possible if there are no object , no text no sound B, if the Sound A is a mp3 file. You will not have shadow on the exe file but I think you will have them in a mpeg file (I haven't try that).

Merci, Jean-Pierre, mais il n'y a pas d'objet dans mes montages, et c'est la seule restriction que tu m'as indiquée...

Thanks, JP, but there is no object in my files, et you didn't give me other restriction(s)...

start ver 5 and then direct to open the ver 4.48 pte

ken

It's exactly what I did :(

I have try your file and all is good for me, I succeed to do the mpeg file (less than 2 minutes). If there is a problem on your PC, may be it's because of your graphic card, try without using hardware acceleration.

Happy you succeed, but the problem is not to transform my P2E file in MPEG (even if it appears during the opration) :

the problem is to read with v5 a P2E-file created with v4.48 !

I guess I forget something between the move/paste the folder, and "save as" o, v5...

But what, I don't know... of course !

Carolo,

You might try creating a short, simple sequence in v 4.48, without any objects, navigation bar, music added in "Customize slide" or "Sound" line, or any of the other features not activated yet in v 5 to see if it will load in PTE 5. Synchronization itself should not prevent your show from loading as it is available in v.5 - it just gives inconsistent results.

However, since JP reported he was able to create a video using v.5, then everything must be OK with the show.

Thank you, Al, but my trial's file is all what you say : very short, very light, and without object. And the sound is in MP3.

I'm nearly sure I forget something between the folder's move/paste and the "save as".

But never mind : I'm working to find the solution with JPD "off forum". When we find wher is my mistake, I come back to explain it. Not for you, of course : for who meet the same problem...

drag the pte that you want to do - the one above your grr icon:)

down to the lower box of your picture and then click next

the long strip below the main box should show you the size of the file will be in relation to the capacity of the disc

ken

Guest Techman1

At this point, you can change the Title Text, Change the Text under your Slideshow, Change the Image in the Black Window to your opening Slide (or anywhere in the slideshow you wish). If this is a test, just leave this as is for now.

Then you click on Next (Suite) to get to the creation part of the Video.

You will see several options, Burn to DVD, MPG, ISO, etc. Create the one you want.

Good luck,

Fred

when you get to the menu page under edit the is a check box to show tv safe zone -- make sure it is selected

1. IF YOU DOUBLE CLICK TITLE IT WILL OPEN AND YOU CAN RENAME SHOW and keep your text within the tv size area

2.drag the square box -- the pte - to centre the box

3. if your want to rename route to smething else do the same with it as you did in #1

4. position the text boxes same as in #2

for your first go this should get you to go to next -- you will have to fill in the name etc as well as the things you want to do

see my screenshots

in a couple of threads

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry39148

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry39202

hope this gets you going

ken

post-16-1174491419_thumb.jpg

Well, I begin to see the tunnel's end. Don't ask me how, but I can now see-&-hear my show, but... all my transitions are now "cut" !

In the JPD's version he tried to show me it's possible, it was not the same : slow, cut, all was like in the original.

Chi va piano va sano : chi va sano va lontano...