WnSoft Forums

Synchronizing slideshow to music duration

bjokje

Hi.

Thank you for a very useful program.

I have upgraded to version 4 and this weekend I just made a slideproject with 70 slides and 4 MP3-files, but I found it very hard to achieve what I wanted (without spending hours of work)

My target was the project to be syncronized with my music-selection, but in the middle section, I had 10 pictures which I wanted to have a fixed duration time of only 1 or 2 seconds.

Then I should have liked PTE to calculate the slidetime by subtracting all the customized slides before deviding the rest of the time on the non-customized slides.

I ended up spending hours in the "Customize syncronization" arena, first by making a very fast "Automatic syncronization" timeline,---> and then the work really started moving them all to where I really wanted the to be.

That's why I should have liked the editing of the timeline behind "Customize syncronization" to be more flexible so it is possible to enhance one transition and push the change onto the rest of the transitions in the slideshow. The easiest fix to this could be an extra button called "Update all" (non of the prior transitions of course). An alternativ is the possibility to mark more than one transition and then be able to drag them as a group.

Hope these moments will be considered to be valuable to future functionallity in PTE.

Best regards

Kjell Roar

Hi, Kjell,

Welcome to PTE and the Forum!

I second your request - there are many ways in which PTE could be more flexible

In case you haven't heard, in another post, I refer to my Adjustor Model. You can download it from my website at the address shown in the other posting.

This model is a spreadsheet in which you can manipulate the timing of your show, and then put it back in a format compatible with PTE. Of course, you also need to have MS Excel 97 or better in order to run it. If you decide to try it and need any help in getting started, drop me an email.