WnSoft Forums

Music on P2E v5

Pat Strauss

I'm having a slightly different problem with P2E 5 and music, in that I can't seem to get the music to end! Although I have very carefully checked that the box which asks if you want the music to play again when it gets to the end is NOT TICKED, it runs on anyway.

I created two previous shows in v.4x on my W98 machine quite successfully, but decided to get brave and use the v5 beta programme. Things went well until I tried to preview it. All I got was a blinking (literally!) screen - no pictures, just the music and a flashing desktop image.

I tried opening up the project on a W2000 machine (on its separately installed version of the software) and it ran OK, but at the end the music started up again. I am limited to less than 5 minutes for this show, and it is running perilously close to that limit, so I need to have silence at the end.

I tried opening the project on the W2000 computer and resaving it, hoping that would solve the problem, but alas no. I even tried putting a tick INTO the box, in case it was 'wired backwards' but to no avail.

I was hoping to submit this new show tonight for a presentation in two weeks time, but is there anything I can do other than to start all over again with the older P2E version?

Pat

Hi Pat,

When I first started testing with v5 I had a similar problem whereby at the end of the sequence the first couple of seconds of the music would start again after the last image had been shown, before the show would close and return to the desktop.

Here's what I found: In v5 if you look at your last slide in the Timeline view you will see that it is followed by a thin green line with the comment "End of Last Slide" next to it. This green line needs to be adjusted so that it is positioned at the end of your music. If the green line is not visible (i.e too far to the right after the end of your music duration then the music will begin to repeat itself.

The green line is part of the last image so to adjust it you can either:

- drag your last image along the timeline so that the green line meets the end of your music; or.

- double click on the last image and go to the Main properties tab where you will find a box marked "Display slide for". Enter a value in the box to effectively extend the green line so it meets the end of your soundtrack (do not over extend it so that it exceeds the duration of the music or you will make it repeat).

I apologise if this explanation seems confusing but if you look at the Timeline view and experiment with the timings then hopefully it will make sense.

Adding a few seconds silence to the end does work but only because it effectively puts the green line back within the music duration. What it also does is give you/the projectionist time to hit the escape key to end the show and return to the desktop. It seems also to be avoiding the problem rather than trying to prevent it happening in first place but I think it may all be resolved when we get 5.9 and full music synchronisation back.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

I tried adding the extra silence, and as pointed out, it does give the operator enough time to hit the ESC key before the music starts up again, but start up it does.

I haven't had a chance yet to look at the green line solution, but I do remember seeing one on the timeline, so I know what you are referring to. Will have a go when life slows down a little.

Cheers,

Pat