WnSoft Forums

Scale keypoints in objetcs (on time change)

thedom

I noticed something a little bit strange with some keypoints when you modify the display slide timing.

Everything work perfectly and logicaly when you checked the "scale keypoints" option.

But if you do not check this option, the keypoints set just at the beginning and at the end of the transition slide (on the right) do not keep their timing.

I think one should expect that they work as the other keypoints, meaning they keep their timing but instead of this, they "move" to continue to be the keypoint at the beginning and at the end of the final transition slide.

Don't know if you can understand what I mean because it's a little bit difficult to explain in english. :unsure:

Let's take an example :

- time slide = 4 seconds

- transition (next slide) = 1 second

- keypoint #1 : time = 0 sec

- keypoint #2 : time = 3 sec

- keypoint #3 : time = 4 sec

- keypoint #4 : time = 4.5 sec

- keypoint #5 : time = 5 sec

Display slide => 8 sec

(option "scale keypoints in objects" not checked).

Results :

- keypoint #1 : time = 0 sec => Ok

- keypoint #2 : time = 3 sec => Ok

- keypoint #3 : time = 8 sec :huh:

- keypoint #4 : time = 4.5 sec => Ok

- keypoint #5 : time = 9 sec :huh:

In my opinion, keypoints #3 and #5 should keep their time, don't you think ?

Dom,

Igor asked us a while ago what our preferences were with respect to changes in slide duration, so I don't think the present situation is the final one. I believe he is going to give us some options.

I think I know why it functions this way, and it's the same reason the keypoints with a "+" snap to a specific time value when they are positioned near them.

For slides that have transitions, there are 4 key times where specific events happen, and there is reason to want these events to occur at the same relative time if the overall time of the slide is changed.

1. Beginning of slide

2. End of transition from previous slide

3. Beginning of transition to next slide

4. End of slide

Any keypoint that is associated with these time points (denoted with "+" sign) will shift so that they always occur at these events.

This is desirable in many cases, where you feel there isn't enough time for viewing the image and want to add a second or two, but you want the events you have defined previously to occur at the designated event times.

For example, if you set up a zoom in or out to take place over the duration of the slide, then add 1 second to it, if the keypoint at the end of the slide did not increment by 1 second, the zoom would stop 1 second short during the transition, something most people would not like and requiring them to manually reset each end keypoint.

A workaround with the current beta is to just subract 1 ms from any keypoint with a "+" sign that you don't want to change.

Perhaps Wnsoft will add an option to turn off or on the snap "+" feature , but I find it very useful.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA