WnSoft Forums

Hello

watermarks

Hello folks. Just thought I would pop in and say Hi.

Not too long ago, I began evaluating slideshow software with Pro show (gold and producer) at the top of the list.

I them came across PTE5. Although my first impressions were not really very high, I stuck with it anyway.

Oddly enough, the more time I spent with the program, the more mpressed I became with it. In short, if one spends the time,

he/she will find that it is quite an impressive piece of software. The programmers have done an excellent job

So hello again and thanks for a terriffic piece of software as well as this forum. Its a valued addition and a great source of help.

Hello and welcome aboard!

The longer and deeper you look at PTE the more you will appreciate features which are not available from the competition at any price.

First there is image quality - this is first and foremost the feature which endears PTE to the professional photographer. Hardware rendering allows the user to demonstrate the images up to the maximum resolution of the display device. Some of my clients have 9 megapixel monitors and I deliver shows to them which allow them to truly appreciate the quality. Software rendering, though very convenient for PZR effects with DVD quality (this is what all the competition uses) looses big time when you try to display the shows at native resolution on high resolution monitors. It's truly night and day.

There there are other extremely powerful features introduced by Wnsoft on PTE 5 betas such as completely adjustable centers of rotation allowing a savy user to create bezier-like curves in animation action. Rectangles which with 100% opacity control and parent/child/grandchild relationships allows manipulation of objects in space in ways other software simply can't match. All this and "still" maintain super resolution quality for executable shows.

Add to this the ovearching abilities of object manipulation, unlimited keypoints (keyframes), ability to call external executable code then return seamlessly to the slideshow, use this great power interatively to create your own menus and such the way "you" want rather than the way some programmer decided, fantastic transitions unmatched in smoothness and such and you have a product which really appeals to those looking for the ultimate in presentation slideshow power.

It doesn't have all the "frills" which others offer - it also doesn't have all the "problems" introduced by trying to be everything to everyone. All in all a great program for no-nonesense presentation slideshow productions. It just gets better with every new release.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello folks. Just thought I would pop in and say Hi.

Not too long ago, I began evaluating slideshow software with Pro show (gold and producer) at the top of the list.

I them came across PTE5. Although my first impressions were not really very high, I stuck with it anyway.

Oddly enough, the more time I spent with the program, the more mpressed I became with it. In short, if one spends the time,

he/she will find that it is quite an impressive piece of software. The programmers have done an excellent job

So hello again and thanks for a terriffic piece of software as well as this forum. Its a valued addition and a great source of help.

PRBraun

I am also a recent convert from Photodex ProShow Producer (PSP), a cool $399.00, it has some very nice features but the quality and O/A capability of PTE are the things that make me a committed PTE user. I have a lot to learn about PTE but I am really enjoying the experience, and with the help of this forum I am getting there quickly.

Lin - In your response, which I also fully support, you refer to the 'ability to call external executable code then return seamlessly to the slideshow' would this solve my problem. I have an Intro which I have in AVI and PSP form but I cannot get it into a PTE show. What I want to do is at the start of a DVD run my Intro (Warning Disclaimer) and 20th Century style opening and then go into the DVD menu. If I had my Intro in an EXE form could I run it then my menu, is this what you mean by calling an external executable code?

Hi Mike,

Yes - but this feature is not yet turned on in the present beta.

PRBraun

I am also a recent convert from Photodex ProShow Producer (PSP), a cool $399.00, it has some very nice features but the quality and O/A capability of PTE are the things that make me a committed PTE user. I have a lot to learn about PTE but I am really enjoying the experience, and with the help of this forum I am getting there quickly.

Lin - In your response, which I also fully support, you refer to the 'ability to call external executable code then return seamlessly to the slideshow' would this solve my problem. I have an Intro which I have in AVI and PSP form but I cannot get it into a PTE show. What I want to do is at the start of a DVD run my Intro (Warning Disclaimer) and 20th Century style opening and then go into the DVD menu. If I had my Intro in an EXE form could I run it then my menu, is this what you mean by calling an external executable code?

Hi Mike,

Yes - but this feature is not yet turned on in the present beta. In beta 9 Igor will introduce yet many more of the features present in the release 4.48 and hopefully this will be among them.

PTE has always allowed the user to run executable code from other software which is a very useful feature.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

Thanks, I cannot wait for the full version to be released.

I agree with all that has been said above - but in spite of that I am using another program at the moment. As soon as we get music synchronization back in the new version then I may well be persuaded to return to P2E. Until then I am afraid that I must use a program which provides this extremely important feature.