WnSoft Forums

Two Versions One Computer

Ednys

Just a quick question. I need to use a couple of features on the V4.48 but I am enjoying using v5 beta...

Can I install both versions on one computer in different folders, and will I be able to activate them both with the same activation code..

I have to give a small demo at the camera club and I am setting up a basic intro on my laptop but need to use the navigation bar hence the need for V4, but, then I want to use the v5 to show off it's atributes.. Well some of them!

Can someone give me advice. I could try it out but I am not too sure if it would cause problems with the computer...

Glenys

Hi Glenys,

I'm currently running v4.48 and 5.8u on the same pc with no problems (you only need to activate one key to unlock v4.48 and v5 will detect and use the same key). I use a combination of both versions to run shows (i.e. menus and shows made with 4.48, and demo's with 5).

As a matter of course, each time I download a new version I always put it into a new folder anyway - I never remove or overwrite the previous version until the latest one is stable and I'm happy with it.

Hi Glenys,

Keith is quite correct in what he says! Both versions will run happily on the same computer but you must install them in separate folders, e.g. One folder called 'Version 4.48' and another called 'Version 5 Beta8u'.

I use both either independently or by mixing them both together.

Ron