WnSoft Forums

Difficulties to select an object

Kalain

Hi,

I'm still playing with "bigPicture" from thedom. In this example there is 30 objects.

If you add a text object (31th object), this is very difficult to select it and move and drag it with mouse, even if this object is already selected. (green rectangles with square handles)

If you want to move this text there is 2 possibilities :

- move it to the top of the list.

now it's easy to select it move it but after several clics. (you have also to move it back or at the same place.)

- move it with X and Y fields values in Animation Tab.

is there a better way to select with mouse an object (near end of object list) which is already selected (green rectagle with square handles) ?

here is a screen copy to illustrate.

Alain

post-4940-1176929695_thumb.jpg

Alain,

Click on the object in the objects list to highlight. Next click on the "Common" tab and click inside the "transparent to selection" block so there is a check mark there.

If you follow the SWF tutorial I linked to per your question about how to do the XY & Z axis from the sample you see how I used it in the helicopter rotor blade example. By clicking inside the transparent to selection block you will be able to easily move the text rectangle with the mouse.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

I'm still playing with "bigPicture" from thedom. In this example there is 30 objects.

If you add a text object (31th object), this is very difficult to select it and move and drag it with mouse, even if this object is already selected. (green rectangles with square handles)

If you want to move this text there is 2 possibilities :

- move it to the top of the list.

now it's easy to select it move it but after several clics. (you have also to move it back or at the same place.)

- move it with X and Y fields values in Animation Tab.

is there a better way to select with mouse an object (near end of object list) which is already selected (green rectagle with square handles) ?

here is a screen copy to illustrate.

Alain

Hi,

Alain,

Click on the object in the objects list to highlight. Next click on the "Common" tab and click inside the "transparent to selection" block so there is a check mark there.

Does this mean that you have to do this for all object who are above you object in the list ?

If yes, this is not cool when you have a dozen objects above the object you want to select with mouse.

When an object is selected in the list, when time line is set at a keypoint, you should be able to select and move with mouse your selected object (green rectangle with square handles) whatever his position in the list and whatever "transparent to selection" option for others objects ?

Here is a screen copy to illustrate.

Alain

post-4940-1177013297_thumb.jpg

Alain,

I found that the easiest way to work on a slide with several objects is to use the "Ignore Objects not selected" option :

to activate this option, in the "Objects and Animation" window, click on "Tools" (at the bottom of the screen) and select the option (or press ALT+I keys).

When you click on an object in the "Objects list" window, the green rectangles appears around it and you can pan/zoom/rotate it with your mouse whatever its position in the list and you don't interfer with other objects.

Hope it helps. :)

Hi,

Alain,

I found that the easiest way to work on a slide with several objects is to use the "Ignore Objects not selected" option :

to activate this option, in the "Objects and Animation" window, click on "Tools" (at the bottom of the screen) and select the option (or press ALT+I keys).

When you click on an object in the "Objects list" window, the green rectangles appears around it and you can pan/zoom/rotate it with your mouse whatever its position in the list and you don't interfer with other objects.

Hope it helps. :)

Yes, your answer is very usefull and valuable. This is exactly what I was looking for. You saved me from a nightmare......

A SUGGESTION FOR IGOR.

From my point of view, the most logical way to work is as explained by TheDom :

So, "Ignore Objects not selected" option should be selected by default (at software installation).

Alain