WnSoft Forums

Advice on Grapjics cards

Mike Reed

My desk top computer has a Matrox G400 dual head card and does not seem to like V5. beta 10. I can construct in the time line and customise synchro windows and create an exe file which plays on my lap top. But it will not preview as a full screen show on the desk top computer. I guess the graphics card is not man enough so any suggestion for a replacement would be appreciated.

My desk top computer has a Matrox G400 dual head card and does not seem to like V5. beta 10. I can construct in the time line and customise synchro windows and create an exe file which plays on my lap top. But it will not preview as a full screen show on the desk top computer. I guess the graphics card is not man enough so any suggestion for a replacement would be appreciated.

what was last version that it played a show proper?

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6525

post #3

ken

Thanks Ken

I am not too sure but I think it was the version before v5

the 4.48 series did not generally cause problems -- my 64 mb ati card was at it's limit when v5 came out and i changed it out to a 256 ati all in wonder on main system

my 16mb ati all in wonder card on my other desktop will not handle ver 5:(

ken

the 4.48 series did not generally cause problems -- my 64 mb ati card was at it's limit when v5 came out and i changed it out to a 256 ati all in wonder on main system

my 16mb ati all in wonder card on my other desktop will not handle ver 5:(

ken

Thanks Ken

I have discovered that the Matrox G 400 is a 16 or may be 32mb AGP card. I am told that what I need is a 128 or 256 mb AGP card. My problem is that I run two monitors. The only card that might fit the bill is a Raedeon 06W523 but can I find one, no way!! My Hewlett Packard laptop can cope so it looks as I will have to work with that.

Thanks anyway.

Mike

minimize the number of things running in the backgound -- anti virus -- other programs etc

example - at present time i am running McAfee stinger -- it is using 50% of my 2.8 ghz cpu, so if a show ran poorly i would place the blame on stinger

the other things that are in service are negligible -- mail and normal things that are energized by windows

ken

post-16-1178105602_thumb.jpg