WnSoft Forums

slideshow skips with music added

Help! I'm a professional photographer, and sell a cd with slideshow of images with music--weddings, engagement sessions, etc. Sometimes I've had good results--so I do know how to use the program. However, frequently, I will create a slideshow of, say 150 images, and it will run just fine until I add music, and then the show will "skip, or repeat the music" and the slide will hesitate or "jump" also. I am using MP3 files that are stored on my hardrive, and syncing the music to slides. Usually, I would add about 3 songs to a show of 150-200 images. Any ideas out there about what could cause this? Thanks very much in advance.

Connie McDearmid

Hello Connie - The two most common causes of skipping are oversized images and corrupt JPEG or music files.

I thought your name was familiar (it turns out to be from the autorun post). Welcome to the forum!

You've provided good info about the show, but not about your image files. An image file with unnecessarily high resolution can exceed machine speeds and cause show to skip. What pixel resolution are you using? If you want the most widespread compatibility, then 800x600 JPEG is a good choice. If you want better resolution then 1024x768 is preferable. But as you use any higher resolution than this you start to load down slower PCs enough to make them fade pictures poorly or skip the music. Having both music and pictures running requires more of the machine, so that is a consideration in the tradeoff.

Photoshop or other batch processing makes easy work of resizing.

PTE software is about as efficient as can be. It can support good resolution, very large show size and music all at once on a very modest PC. However when you push resolution to extreme levels like 2560x1920 as in my 5 Megapixel digital camera's pictures, the system resource demand is so high that you have to forego using fades and in some cases even music. And then consider that most display monitors can't effectively display an image with more than 1600x1200, not to mention people's eyeball acuity B)

Please tell us more, and if this is not on the mark. And please accept my apologies if you have already explored the image size avenue.

Cheers,

Bill

This thread is under development in the other channel PicturestoExe, where Ian added the latest piece on 16May. Connie has added her submission above to this thread. Do we need to go off on a separate course?

Ron [uK]

Thanks Ron. My "How to stop P2E skipping" post *here* was right on the mark!

I used the forum's "View new posts" feature and was pointed to this topic by Connie. The "View new posts" feature is not an AI application that notices a nearly identical posting in two places by the same person and tells you.

The topic creator could have edited the redundant thread starting point and said that this question was duplicated elsewhere and is being responded to *there*, or someone else could have helped and added a reply to point people there, where there are so many entries that we need a table of contents. But in that brief moment when anyone realized there was redundancy, no one made the helpful entry. Such is luck.

Bottom line is "stuff happens", as I'm sure you know. Where things are loosely organized in a stream of consciousness documentation structure, there will be redundancy, misplaced information and general inefficiency ... and ruffled feathers. Forum members have been asking for "categories" for quite some time to help on this. We could all benefit from that forum administrative help. I'm sure that some anchor "How-to" and "In case of problems with..." notes would be well-received by everyone just starting.

Sorry if it wasn't intended, but your post rubbed me the wrong way when I was innocently a victim of that just described. You could have said, "Oops, I see that Connie added the same post question in two places a few days ago, and there is a mile-long reply thread with Connie's redundant post in the middle of the other one! Here's a link to the other thread...."

I'll do anyone else the favor - here is the missing link and title of the other thread "UGH!! Slide show skips":

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=642

By the way Ron - for this Thursday, May 22, happy 81st birthday! B)

Bill

Well said and thanks for the greetings. B)

Ron [uK]