WnSoft Forums

Relative or absolute Keypoint time

Hi,

In O&A window, I'm trying to use Keypoint time value in Animation Tab. But I can't manage to think (or my mind is too slow) with relative keypoint time values (in animation tab). Keypoint time values in time line is displayed in absolute time. :angry:

In fact the problem occur only when time is less than one minute.

Here is a screen copy to illustrate.

I posted this topic here because it could also be posted in "Report bug beta" or "suggestion for future". Depending point of view.

Alain

post-4940-1178618614_thumb.jpg

post-4940-1178618622_thumb.jpg

Hi,

In O&A window, I'm trying to use Keypoint time value in Animation Tab. But I can't manage to think (or my mind is too slow) with relative keypoint time values (in animation tab). Keypoint time values in time line is displayed in absolute time. :angry:

In fact the problem occur only when time is less than one minute.

Here is a screen copy to illustrate.

I posted this topic here because it could also be posted in "Report bug beta" or "suggestion for future". Depending point of view.

Alain

Hi Alain

For me, sometimes I like the relative Keypoint Value and other times I don't, to me the best solution would be to have the choice via a clickable button for either relative or absolute. For those that aren't sure what that means:-

"absolute" = the Keypoint Time from the start of the show to the current Keypoint

"relative" = the Keypoint Time from the start of the current slide to the current keypoint.

Both are useful depending on what you are trying to achieve but currently values are only shown in "relative" format.

Andrew

Hi,

Hi Alain

For me, sometimes I like the relative Keypoint Value and other times I don't, to me the best solution would be to have the choice via a clickable button for either relative or absolute. For those that aren't sure what that means:-

"absolute" = the Keypoint Time from the start of the show to the current Keypoint

"relative" = the Keypoint Time from the start of the current slide to the current keypoint.

Both are useful depending on what you are trying to achieve but currently values are only shown in "relative" format.

Andrew

My first message is not exact because in my screenshots, the first slide has a display time of 60 sec, so for second slide, relative time displayed at "Keypoint time" field is quite the same (one minute less) at "Time line" display.

But most of time is not like this and I can't yet manage both easily "Absolute" and "Relative" time.

You're right Andrew, one solution would be to choose via a clickable button for either relative or absolute (for "Keypoint time" field only ?) and display relative time at the bottom of time line. (A bit like it's actually done for Effect duration).

Alain