WnSoft Forums

slide captions in sound

yguy

Something I have never tried and I don't know whether it is possible. I have music running in the background - that is fine. Now I want to add a caption in SOUND on each slide for people with limited visability. Is that at all possible? And if so how do I do it?

yguy

Right now you can't have individual slide captions without it killing the background music unless you use an audio mixer to include the captions on the same track. That, of course, isn't very helpful because you may want to change the timing on an individual slide which would then require a total remake of the sound track.

The above is incorrect. As Limey points out you absolutely "can" add comments for each slide and it will play right over the background music selected without interrupting it in any way.

You can go to Customize Slide and add individual sound for each slide which will either continue on at the end of the slide or stop when the slide changes depending on whether or not you have checked in the Project Options Music Tab "don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears".

If you add sound on the Music Tab of the Customize Slide feature, it will stop background music and not resume.

Thanks Limey for the correct explanation...

Best regards,

Lin

Something I have never tried and I don't know whether it is possible. I have music running in the background - that is fine. Now I want to add a caption in SOUND on each slide for people with limited visability. Is that at all possible? And if so how do I do it?

yguy

yguy

Hello Yguy,

The easiest way to do this with the current PTE, is to use your microphone and record each sound comment as a separate file. You can then add these individual "comments" to the appropriate slides on the Main page. ("Sounds" just below "Comments" on Main page). You don't have to select "Customize Slide".

Regards,

Limey.

Limey is absolutely right, if fact you "can" do exactly what you want by adding the sound at this point. You "don't" want to go into Customize Slide because if you add the sound there it kills the background music and if you add it below the comments in the sound block it "does not" kill the background sound. I just tested it and learned something new about PTE today - thank's Limey!!

Lin

I just tested 5 beta 11A and if you add the wav or mp3 from the sound block below the text comments it plays right over the background music beautifully as in two separate sound tracks. If you add a comment via the Customize Slide Music Tab, it stops the background music and that doesn't resume. My guess is that Igor designed it so it would be easy to stop a music selection and start a different one for all or any slides and that for adding voice-over you would use the sound block below the text comments.

Best regards,

Lin

are we talking ver 4 or 5 here re separate sound's

ken

Lin

i just checked my sadaam joke show that was made with 4.3 beta 9 and this idea i had that customized slide had to be checked -- is checked in some instances -- i just directed the sound slot to where the appropriate clip was located

-- dont know why i did it at the time

as a test i just now opened same with b 11 and sound track and indivdual clips all play

maybe Igor can answer "customized slide" as he has show as well

ken

Reason for edit: added more details