WnSoft Forums

SS is Locking up my CD burner

ddpitt

I have created a SS, nothing new. When I do a create to CD drive I get a window that says " Create exe file from current project with a new name".

What the...???

If I do a create to desktop it will go ahead and create only now if I try to burn the SS to a CD it writes to 5 seconds left and never finishes. The drive will continue to motor indefinatly and my computer "XP" is un responsive to anything except manual power cycle. In fact, if I try to reboot with the same Cd still in the drive the computer will not boot up. This is scary. I have burned many before and never had this kind of a problem.

The SS is about 80 meg total with 5 MP3 files and 380 images synced to music. Expiration set for 8/1/03. Full transition effects on each one.

The burner will write other SS's just not this one.

Any one have a clue???

Dennis

I had this problem Dennis with a brand and type of CD incompatible with my CD writer. Just one suggestion until others respond. Good luck

Ron [uK]

Dennis,

I agree, Rons suggestion is most likely creating your issue ... if your Writer and Burner Software has always performed somewhat trouble free on other Disc you have burned.

I too have had issues with some new multi speed Discs that will burn only on speed compatable Writers. Since I have 2 different burners ... I must be selective on what Disc Brand I use ... mainly its what Brand "not to use" . Most of my issues involve using UDF format conversion of incompatable Disc.

Since you are receiving a message to CHANGE NAME ... what are your setup settings ? Using Data Mode 1 or Mode 2 ... Using ISO, Joliet, or UDF file format ?

Thanks for the prompt reply guys. I am using Memorex CD-R's. The problem seems to be selective, in that it only effects one particular SS. I was able to write one copy last night after numerous attempts but could not do it again when I attempted to write a second one.

nobeefstu,

How would I check the settings you mentioned?

Dennis

Dennis,

This depends on what Burner Software you have installed.

If your using XPs own installed/resident program ... I have no idea on its setup possiblities ... I do know its limited to most of the basic functions that you'll need. You need Nero ,EasyCD, etc for more expanded functions.

Basically you go to the CD Properties/Cd Settings (tab/listing) and select how you want your files burned to the Disc. This is where you will see MODE TYPES and FORMAT TYPES ... select the appropiate settings according to your needs.

I have Nero but currently use EasyCd exclusively due to its more expanded/flexabilty in UDF formating.

6 hours, 12 CD's and 15 power cycle reboots later, I have narrowed down the problem just by process of elimination. I don't understand this, but the problem is directly related to number of mp3 files in the SS. The SS has 349 images (between 90-110K) and 6 mp3 files synchronized. Replacing any or all mp3's had no effect on the problem. Only reducing the number of mp3's to 4 or less allowed the burn process to complete without locking up my computer and causing the CD burner to motor indefinitely.

Has anyone else been successful in building a SS similar to this one with more than 4 music files?

Is there a limit to the number of mp3's a SS can have? This one is really puzzling me.

This SS really needs 6 mp3's to run optimally.

Any ideas?

Dennis,

One possibility is to join several of the MP3's together in one file, using one of the several sound/music editors such as Cool Edit 2000, Audacity, Cubase, etc.