WnSoft Forums

Customize Slide

stonemason

I've just realised that the small button with "P" on it which indicated that a slide had been customized is missing in V5 is there an indicator that I've missed which marks a slide as customized? If not then I would very much like to see the "P" button reinstated in PTE5 as I found this very useful.

Geoff

I agree, it's actually something similar to what I asked which has been moved to the suggestions forum - I've added certain pieces of music to start on specific slides and it's near impossible for me to go through 1000 slides and find the odd 4 or 5 where I added the music to begin at!!! :)

I agree, it's actually something similar to what I asked which has been moved to the suggestions forum - I've added certain pieces of music to start on specific slides and it's near impossible for me to go through 1000 slides and find the odd 4 or 5 where I added the music to begin at!!! :)

Am I reading this correct, do you really have a slide show with over 1000 slides in in it?

Ron

Hehe, yeah just got back from Orlando Disney with the family so I wanted to have the whole collection of photos from 2 weeks on a lovely DVD slideshow, added them all in, then used Customize to make certain "disney" tunes start at certain points then I spent a week manually doing pan/zoom effect on them all - it took just short of 21 hours for P2E deluxe beta 12 to make the ISO image for me, burnt it last night and watched it - WONDERFUL!!! :)

Hehe, yeah just got back from Orlando Disney with the family so I wanted to have the whole collection of photos from 2 weeks on a lovely DVD slideshow, added them all in, then used Customize to make certain "disney" tunes start at certain points then I spent a week manually doing pan/zoom effect on them all - it took just short of 21 hours for P2E deluxe beta 12 to make the ISO image for me, burnt it last night and watched it - WONDERFUL!!! :)

I am pleased that this has worked for you and that you like it. However, it is very unusual to have so many slides in just the one show (Audience boredom factor) it might have been better to create several parts and then link them together, this way you could burn each part separately and not tie up your computer for so long and you would also not be so 'at risk' of losing the whole thing in the event of computer problems. The main reason though, is that you would avoid your audience from becoming tired of watch the same old thing.

Each to his/her own I guess!

Ron West

Understand completely :) However, I wanted to encapsulate our whole 2 weeks in Disney on one DVD, breaking it up didn't seem to make much sense in this particular case - it's going to get it's first official viewing from the kids and grandparents tomorrow night so let's see how it goes - the pan/zoom effects I find remove the boredom and my choice of disney music at certain times seems to work quite nicely - I've now watched it right through (63 mins) twice and didn't get bored, very enjoyable :)

Thanks to Igor for his fantastic software and the DVD creation is just superb even if it does take 21 hours to process one this size ;)

go through 1000 slides and find
21 hours for P2E deluxe beta 12 to make the ISO image for me, burnt it last night and watched it - WONDERFUL!!

Over 1000 images, 21 hours for P2E deluxe to make the ISO image, that must be some sort of a record for PTE.

Great to know PTE Deluxe will do such a big job without fault, a good test for beta12.

Geoff,

Yes the indicator, ("P" button), that shows customisation of an image is certainly missing in V5-beta12 and I also found it very useful.

Perhaps you should post this as a bug in the "Bug Reports v5.00 beta..." forum, as I'm not sure if it has been removed deliberately or just overlooked, it would be good to have it back.

Now I think about it an "O" indicator button to show that some "O&A" work has been done to an image would also be very useful.