WnSoft Forums

autorun problem

I am still having a problem with the autorun feature. I've followed the suggestion about the 8.3 rule, and my show still won't autorun. If I go to My Computer, and click on the cd drive, then open the exe. file, it runs fine. Here is how I set up the autorun file: open=dabiero.exe

icon=dabiero.exe

the icon for the exe file is: dabiero.exe and the icon for the project is: DaBiero.pte

I burned all 3 of those onto the cd, but it won't load unless I click on the exe folder. Does anybody have a suggestion as to why this won't work? I've created shows before that will autorun on all 3 of my computers. I'm frustrated! Thanks for all the help--it's a great forum.

Connie

I see one problem but I don't think that is why it isn't working. You said the line in the autorun file for the icon is

icon=dabiero.exe

Icons cannot be exe files, it should be dabiero.ico

You also said that the icon file is called DaBiero.pte

That is your project file, again it isn't an icon file.

Try deleting the icon line completely from the autorun file, it isn't needed.

Also, what is the exact name of the autorun file?

Connie,

I dont quite understand the need to burn the .pte file to your CD ... unless your just saving to your CD ... as it is not required to run your SHOW.

You do not require any icon labeling within your AUTORUN.INF ... by default your .exe file icon will be used anyway. You only require icon labeling if you want to use another icon other than that of your .exe

Seems all ok by your explanations ... use no .exe as icon

If you used NOTEPAD to create your .inf file ... make sure you saved it as AUTORUN.INF and not as AUTORUN.INF.TXT

Be sure all spelling is correct and exact.

If you still have problems ... just rename your exe to something like myshow .exe ( change inf content labeling also to match new name) as a test. Some times the little things get over looked easily.

Ok ... wait a minute ...what is this exe folder you mention .... your exe must be in the CD ROOT ... since your inf labeling has no paths labeled from your specs.

Connie

Why break your head ? - download the free "Autorun.inf Maker" and you will have your autorun file in seconds. You can make a simple or advanced autorun file. Be sure to use version 3.0. Look for program No. 9 in this page:

Programs and Utilities

The "Help" file has a long explanation about "What is autorun".

All other members who have oldest version, download version 3.0, it is much more improved.

Granot