WnSoft Forums

Screen %

stonemason

Whats the best screen % to set to ensure that all of a 4:3 slideshow is visable on TV screen when burnt to DVD

Geoff

I use 90% and it seems to all fit in quite nicely.

I could be completely wrong, but as far as I can tell after a good bit of experimentation, using the 'safe TV zone' option in both PTE and in Video Builder does absolutely nothing to actually resize your slides or force them to fit in properly in a 4:3 space. All that it seems to do is draw a semi-transparent border in the O&A screen or the menu screen for Video Builder which SHOWS you where the safe zone is. It's up to you to do the resizing to make your slides fit. Perhaps Igor could comment if the safe TV zone actually does do something that I'm not aware of.

I had some help from Tom on this and there is a thread about it here: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....5&hl=screen Igor has since changed the text on the "Screen" tab of the project options dialog to make it easier to see the box for changing the slide percentages.

I have not been able to establish the purpose of the "Safe TV Zone". However I achieved a satisfactory TV presentation without clipping by changing in PTE the Screen>Screen Options - Aspect Ratio from "4:3 PC/DVD" to "16:9". There is a black band either side of the image but the whole image is displayed.

Ron [uK]

Geoff

No apparent distortion.

Ron [uK]