WnSoft Forums

Go to slide number / name ?

Hi,

"Go to slide number" action is quite interesting but from my point of view suffer of lack of efficiency.

Let's say a slide show with 10 images. (Demo limitation)

Imagine that at first image there is a button with "Go to slide number" 8th image.

By now, you are not welcome to add or delete any image between first and 8th image!

Because button link will point in absolute position in image tray (8th) and if you delete an image, link "go to slide number" will still point in 8th position; your image is now in 7th position. <_<

I can't imagine using this action (go to slide number) with a 50 images slide show with several buttons located a bit everywhere in slide show. This can become rapidly a nightmare. :(

Except if your slide show is perfectly clear in your mind and you succeed to do it in one time. (It means without any modification : add or delete slide in project.) :rolleyes:

A better way would be to point at image name rather than at position image.

By this way you do not mind to insert or delete some images and change position number images. The link follow image's name. This means when you rename an image (F2) "Go to slide name" have to be updated by the software. a bit like in web site software in order to keep valid links.(or check broken links)

By now, when you add for the second time same an image (tree.jpeg) already in image tray, the new name should be "tree(1).jpeg". A bit like in window, in a folder you can't have 2 files with same name but you can have several occurence of this file with different names. ;)

I hope this will catch developpement team attention.

Alain

If you do it by menu, then the absolute reference works because it references the slide number. For example if you delete slide six then add two more, you still have order to your slides in the slide list and as long as you know which slide references which number the menu will always "go to" the slide which occupies that position.

If you reference them by slide name, then delete a slide, you would have to change the reference or have an illogical condition.

Look at this sample. Left click the mouse on the upper 1/3 rd of any image. After a short delay a menu will appear. Click on any number and that slide will appear. In this show there are 20 slides. Slide number 20 is the menu slide. The numbers 21-25 have been set to go to slide 1 but could have been made Null or simply set to go to slide 20 (the menu) for a "no change" condition.

Just a sample of what you "might" want to do. Actually I posted a link earler so anyone can download this menu PTE and copy/paste it in any show. The menu could easily be expanded to perhaps 50 slides, but might encounter memory issues depending on hardware.

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/fullmenudemo.zip

Lin

Hi,

"Go to slide number" action is quite interesting but from my point of view suffer of lack of efficiency.

Let's say a slide show with 10 images. (Demo limitation)

Imagine that at first image there is a button with "Go to slide number" 8th image.

By now, you are not welcome to add or delete any image between first and 8th image!

Because button link will point in absolute position in image tray (8th) and if you delete an image, link "go to slide number" will still point in 8th position; your image is now in 7th position. <_<

I can't imagine using this action (go to slide number) with a 50 images slide show with several buttons located a bit evreywhere in slide show. This can become rapidly a nightmare. :(

Except if your slide show is perfectly clear in your mind and you succeed to do it in one time. (It means without any modification : add or delete slide in project.) :rolleyes:

A better way would be to point at image name rather than at position image.

By this way you do not mind to insert or delete some images and change position number images. The link follow image's name. This means when you rename an image (F2) "Go to slide name" have to be updated by the software. a bit like in web site software in order to keep valid links.(or check broken links)

By now, when you add for the second time same an image (tree.jpeg) already in image tray, the new name should be "tree(1).jpeg". A bit like in window, in a folder you can't have 2 files with same name but you can have several occurence of this file with different names. ;)

I hope this will catch developpement team attention.

Alain