WnSoft Forums

A box and manual?

Sammy

Hello ,I am looking at buying this program but one thing I can't find is how to order a version with a box and manual. I see the box ob the front page but when I try to order it doesn't mention it .Does the box just come with the program or is there something I have to do?

Cheers ,Sammy

Hi Sammy welcome to the forum. To the best of my knowlege there is no boxed version of PTE, as its only a 4mb download. As for a manual again to the best of my knowlege there is no manual, however this forum is the best interactive manual you could ever want. Ask anything you wish to know or are having trouble with and you will get very comprehensive answers and very quickly. Remember that no question is too simple to be asked.

Geoff

Hello ,I am looking at buying this program but one thing I can't find is how to order a version with a box and manual. I see the box ob the front page but when I try to order it doesn't mention it .Does the box just come with the program or is there something I have to do?

Cheers ,Sammy

Hi Sammy new to the forum myself but been using the program for a while. It is very easy to down load at start up and easy to get up and running with a simple show. There is a vast variety tutorials around that are very good. I found one just recently on Dom's site that is very good to get you up and running but there is plenty others around. I have found this forum very useful too.

Hi Sammy – Another welcome to the forum. Don’t treat Pictures to EXE like any other software! I have been using this programme for quite sometime now and the amazing thing about it is the help and support you get from other members of this forum all for free. There has been many new users asking about a printed manual but believe me, the tutorials available both as downloads and on CDs are much more up to date and intuitive than any manual whilst the programme itself is very simple to use at its basic level and the more advanced operations just come naturally as you progress.

Try it and see for yourself. Expert help is only a few keystrokes away and having spent many hundreds of pounds on training DVDs, Classrooms in books and tutorials for several upgrades of our favourite image manipulation software, I know which I prefer. This forum is like the best digital AV club you have ever been in.

Best wishes B)

I am very graetful for all the wonderful responses.Yes ,this forum is a great place for help .But I guess I'm old-fashioned. I really like having a paper book to flip through .I just learn better that way is all. Oh well ,I will just make due with this nice group of people to help me out. Does anyone know if there will be a book someday -- or if there will be a box like the one on the website?

Cheers ,Sammy

Hi Sammy,

The problem with any company producing a printed user guide today is that by the time it's printed and mailed to the user the costs drive up the product price so much that it would not be competitive any longer. The program is developed in Russia and there are world-wide users who speak many and varied languages. To produce a printed manual and mail it would cost more than the software itself.

Almost all major software vendors have stopped producing printed manuals these days. When is the last time you received a Microsoft Window's manual? Though you may purchase Windows in a "box" all instructions are disc (CD) based and even then not very specific or complete. Part of the reason is costs and the other is that updates, improvements, and other things change so quickly that updates used to be included in the box and the manuals were created in three ring binders with multiple pages which had to replace existing pages.

What will happen with PTE is that several of our knowledgeable users will produce very good documentation which will be available for download as PDF files which you can either read directly from your file or print for yourself. The reason this is not yet available is because the product is not yet finished and anything we might produce in the way of formal documentation would not be yet correct.

Once the program is released, several of us will combine efforts and produce a User's Guide. Then we will collect and hopefully consolidate the various AVI tutorials and provide links so you can download them as needed. The User's guide will be translated into as many languages as possible to facilitate worldwide distribution. Hopefully we will be able to accomplish this in a reasonably short period of time after the release version becomes available.

Best regards,

Lin

I am very graetful for all the wonderful responses.Yes ,this forum is a great place for help .But I guess I'm old-fashioned. I really like having a paper book to flip through .I just learn better that way is all. Oh well ,I will just make due with this nice group of people to help me out. Does anyone know if there will be a book someday -- or if there will be a box like the one on the website?

Cheers ,Sammy