WnSoft Forums

New to all this

Davidh12

New to all this posting so here goes.

Just discovered PTE about 8 months ago. I have for years dabbled in conventional twin projector slide shows but this program has converted me to digital, well done Wnsoft it's brilliant. I've been playing around with version 4 and delaying going to version 5 thinking I haven't got time to learn animation at the moment, to complicated. But I down loaded Beta 13 recently and was doing animation immediately if version 4 amazed me version 5 has knocked my socks off. Just finished transfering and old 35mm slide show to digital with animation and well pleased with the result. Thanks in no small part to the help I have received from posts here anonymously as a guest and Beckham CD's. However I have taken the plunge to join in and ask a question. Hope your still with me. I have created a menu cd that would auto run four shows which worked perfectly on the hard disk but when I transfered everything to the CD it hung when playing, in fact I noticed I couldn't run any shows from my CD. Then I discovered it was my security software F-Secure 2007 that was the problem. When I disabled it there was no problem. I had hoped to send an autorun CD to my father who has just been given a computer and is still finding his way round it. But doubt I can now. Anyone any suggestions or experience? Is anyone else using F-Secure? are there settings? What's others experience with firewalls. I have looked through some past posts so I know there is an issue out there.

New to all this posting so here goes.

Just discovered PTE about 8 months ago. I have for years dabbled in conventional twin projector slide shows but this program has converted me to digital, well done Wnsoft it's brilliant. I've been playing around with version 4 and delaying going to version 5 thinking I haven't got time to learn animation at the moment, to complicated. But I down loaded Beta 13 recently and was doing animation immediately if version 4 amazed me version 5 has knocked my socks off. Just finished transfering and old 35mm slide show to digital with animation and well pleased with the result. Thanks in no small part to the help I have received from posts here anonymously as a guest and Beckham CD's. However I have taken the plunge to join in and ask a question. Hope your still with me. I have created a menu cd that would auto run four shows which worked perfectly on the hard disk but when I transfered everything to the CD it hung when playing, in fact I noticed I couldn't run any shows from my CD. Then I discovered it was my security software F-Secure 2007 that was the problem. When I disabled it there was no problem. I had hoped to send an autorun CD to my father who has just been given a computer and is still finding his way round it. But doubt I can now. Anyone any suggestions or experience? Is anyone else using F-Secure? are there settings? What's others experience with firewalls. I have looked through some past posts so I know there is an issue out there.

I have never experienced any problems with a firewall because I tend to switch it (XP) whenever I am burning CD or DVD.

However I note that you are making a menu CD and there are other problems associated with this at the moment, e.g. the Hardware Acceleration' option in 'Project Options'. Also, I assume that you have created a folder into which you have copied your menu, .exe Slide Shows and your autorun.

Ron West

Ron

Thanks for replying. Yes I have done all that. The fact is when I disable the security it runs pefectly from the CD.

So it must be it don't like allowing exe files to run from the CD. Though There is not a problem from the Hard disk. I do at times get a message coming up saying do I really want to run this program. I will try switching the Hardware Acceleration option and see if anything different happens. But that will be a job for tomorrw tonight it's zzzzzzz

David

Ron

Thanks for replying. Yes I have done all that. The fact is when I disable the security it runs pefectly from the CD.

So it must be it don't like allowing exe files to run from the CD. Though There is not a problem from the Hard disk. I do at times get a message coming up saying do I really want to run this program. I will try switching the Hardware Acceleration option and see if anything different happens. But that will be a job for tomorrw tonight it's zzzzzzz

David

Hello David,

I do not know how you setup your button links in your show ... but can you get any other CDs to run active content on your PC ?

You may want to open your Internet Explorer and check your settings in : Internet Options - Advanced Tab - Security - and look at the check box : Allow active content from CDs to run from My Computer.

Is it checked ? ... as this may be one of your problems.

Hello David,

I do not know how you setup your button links in your show ... but can you get any other CDs to run active content on your PC ?

You may want to open your Internet Explorer and check your settings in : Internet Options - Advanced Tab - Security - and look at the check box : Allow active content from CDs to run from My Computer.

Is it checked ? ... as this may be one of your problems.

Thanks I tried these options (never knew they existed before) but it didn't work.

I can't seem to run an exe file from CD unless I disable F-Secure. I'll contact them see what they say.

Thanks for trying and I've learnt something new.

David

nobeefstu! This does deserve a smile

As Al, said - Welcome back. Are you still having fun with PTE? Can we expect to enjoy your presence on a somewhat regular basis?

Hey Guys !!!

Ive missed this place too ... and it gives me a happy smile just coming here and seeing all my friends :)

Sad news is I wont be able to make regular visits, but I shall attempt to be more timely. The forum here is in real good hands with all of you. Ive gotta get using the new PTE releases ... as I may need your advise on all the new features ! :unsure:

Sad news is I wont be able to make regular visits, but I shall attempt to be more timely.

Why, are you in prison?

I don't think you'll need too much help catching onto v.5, especially if you have a good pc with a reasonable video card. But you will probably be able to show all of us a thing or two after you get up to speed on it! All the best! :)

Why, are you in prison?

I don't think you'll need too much help catching onto v.5, especially if you have a good pc with a reasonable video card. But you will probably be able to show all of us a thing or two after you get up to speed on it! All the best! :)

Nice one Al ! ;)

My work has alot of travel these days ... so I dont get to enjoy the routine freetime and homelife as in the past.

My PC is pretty current , as its about a year old since I built it. What I do lack is a quality digital screen. I havent found one that matches my current analog in display quality etc ... at least not one in a respectable price range.

I do commend Igor and team for the impressive work and quality which has been implemented into the recent beta versions ... !!!

One thing that has not changed is that some users still dont seem to understand the difference between beta and full release versions. :huh: