WnSoft Forums

different menu problems - Application Error!

baldsparky

Hi

I have created a menu exe with 3 slides, called 'My P2E presentations.'

These 3 slides have various buttons on them, to either call the different slides within the menu, or to call other pte shows.

There are 3 main buttons on each slide set to call the three different slides, and one button only (at the moment) set to call another show called 'Project 1'.

When I run the menu exe and click on the button in slide 1 to call and run 'Project1' I get the following 'Application error'

Exception EAbort in module My P2E Presentations.exe at 00007186.

Asseertion with message: 'Unhandled exception at "TAffin" Disposing' (E:\Work\WnSoft.WnLib\Win32\WpTypes.pas, line: 532).

Has anybody any idea what is causing this?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

kind regards

Paul

Hi

I have been burning the midnight oil trying to solve this problem,here are my findings:-

I have a menu exe containing 3 slides, 1st slide 'Weddings', 2nd slide 'holidays', 3rd slide 'other'

All the slides have the same layout of buttons, the top 3 buttons are 'weddings', 'holidays'and 'other', these buttons are set as follows, slide 1 can call slides 2+3, slide 2 can call slides 1+3, slide 3 can call slides 1+2.

In slide 1 I have a button set to call an exe which contains only 2 slides with no animation only transitions, called project 1, hardware acceleration on.

In slide 2 I have a button set to call a show which has both animation and transitions, hardware acceleration on.

I also have many other buttons in the slides which do nothing at the moment but are there for future use.

test no 1.

In the project options main tab, 'when show ends keep last slide in show on screen is checked', 4s set for slide time, in the screen tab, 'hardware acceleration' is turned off, and in the effects tab, 'effects' are turned off

In the customize slide tab for each of the 3 slides, 'stop at the end of this slide' is selected.

when I run the menu show and select the button to run 'project 1' I get the application error that I mentioned in my 1st post

If i then set transition effects to on in project options to 'enable transition effects' everything runs fine. (but I don't really want transition effects)

Test No 2

All settings are the same as above except:-

In the customize tab for all 3 slides in the 'main tab' 'loop this slide is 'selected.

In the main project options transition effects are turned off.

With these settings everything seems to run fine.

Now the strange thing is, I have a similar menu set up as in test no 1 above, with buttons calling 3 slides and the same 2 shows, the only difference being the background photograph in the 3 menu slides is a different one, and i have less buttons in each of the slides, and this runs with no problems!

sorry about the long winde account, but it was the best I could do.

hope you can shed some light on this,if my explanation makes any sense that is.

Many thanks

kind regards

Paul

Paul,

You certainly seem to be complicating matters and maybe you are just expecting to much from the program. I have created a 'One Page Menu' that will run as many slide shows (exe) as you like. and it all works perfectly. I think that the trick is to call up each slide show from the 'Menu' and not with buttons on each separate slide show.

I am, hoping to produce one of my pdf tutorials on this menu, in the near future.

Ron

Paul,

I just sent you personal message via forum.

Please send me both EXE files - "My P2E Presentations.exe" and "Project1.exe" where I can reproduce this problem. With these files we easily find and fix this bug.

Paul,

I just sent you personal message via forum.

Please send me both EXE files - "My P2E Presentations.exe" and "Project1.exe" where I can reproduce this problem. With these files we easily find and fix this bug.

Hello Igor I have just sent the files via email, I zipped the files , I hope this is ok.

Thankyou for your Help.

Paul,

You certainly seem to be complicating matters and maybe you are just expecting to much from the program. I have created a 'One Page Menu' that will run as many slide shows (exe) as you like. and it all works perfectly. I think that the trick is to call up each slide show from the 'Menu' and not with buttons on each separate slide show.

Hi Ron,

What I am trying to achieve is one menu exe to run all my pte shows on my pc, I cannot fit all the buttons to call these shows on 1 page, that is why it needs at least 3slides/pages to the menu exe. I hope this makes sense.

If you could think of a better way to achieve this I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Many thanks

kind regards

paul

Thank you very much!

I reproduced this problem with your EXE files

and we will this problem tomorrow in beta 16.

Also I found another bug - there were no black strips on my display (1024x768), although your slide show has aspect ratio 16:10. We'll fix this bug, too.

Both problem exists when "Hardware acceleration" option is turned off.

Thankyou for your Help.

Hi Ron,

What I am trying to achieve is one menu exe to run all my pte shows on my pc, I cannot fit all the buttons to call these shows on 1 page, that is why it needs at least 3slides/pages to the menu exe. I hope this makes sense.

If you could think of a better way to achieve this I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Many thanks

kind regards

paul

Hello Paul,

I can see what you are trying to achieve and now that Igor has fixed the 'bug' that you found, you should be OK to proceed.

If you visit my web site (Tutorials Page) you will see a CD called 'PTE Organiser Menu'. This will allow you to run hundreds of slide shows and it also lets you place slide shows into categories, e.g. Holidays, My Family, Places etc. You might find it useful. It is based on an idea originally posted by Ken Nickles.

Ron

Hello Igor I have quickly tried beta 16, and recompiled my shows and everything seems to be working fine.

Thankyou very much.

Also I found another bug - there were no black strips on my display (1024x768), although your slide show has aspect ratio 16:10. We'll fix this bug, too.

Does this mean that there should be black strips on my display (1440x900) when using images 800x600 in size with aspect ratio set at 16:10?

Many thanks

kind regards

Paul

Thank you!

If you use 800x600 images which have 4:3 aspect ration it better to set 4:3 in Screen tab of Project options. And yes, on your display (16:10 = 1440x900) you will see black strips.

Thankyou for the information regarding the black strips, and the excellent, quick work that you did in solving my problem.

Kind regards

Paul