WnSoft Forums

Switching the cursor ON

ksf

Under the Project Options (Advanced tab) it is possible to set the cursor to one of three states: "Always show mouse cursor", "Hide mouse cursor during show", and "Auto hide mouse cursor after: x seconds". In a straight-forward sequence I would set the cursor to always be hidden. For a menu sequence, however (which I am used to making using v4.48), I set the cursor to always be shown so that I can point/click on the required buttons.

I am now starting to experiment with the new buttons, and animation features, available in v5. I have created a "simple" short sequence that starts with a blank slide which then fades into a background image. As this fade is taking place I have incorporated a sparkle effect (as demo'd by AlRobin in one of his posts a few months ago) to create an animated intro before the menu buttons appear. The buttons are animated using various opacity and pzr settings to make them appear like asteroids drifting out from the centre of the screen.

Now to my question: Whilst the initial background animation is taking place I would like the cursor to be hidden and for it to only become visible at the end of the animation, then to remain visible so that I can use it to point/click on the buttons. In other words rather than "Auto hide after...", I want to "Hide cursor until..." or at least have some control allowing me to switch the cursor back on.

Does anyone have any ideas if or how this can be achieved?

If you use "Auto hide mouse cursor after: x seconds", the cursor will become invisible "until the mouse is moved." At the completion of the mouse action the cursor will again become invisible after "x" seconds.

Does this suit your requirements?

Limey

Hi Limey,

I just tried my menu with the "Hide cursor after..." set to 1 second and the "Hide cursor at start up" option ticked, and, yes, it worked well enough for what I want.

Many thanks for your advice.