WnSoft Forums

Gold & Silver

Gilio

New slideshow "Gold & Silver a remake from 2005 made with the programm XatShow and now with pte 5.18 All comments are welcome! Enjoy!

The right link is www.avdigifoto.nl/goldsilver.html

Gillio,

I got your show after using the second link you posted. Very busy at the moment so will get back with comments when I get time to watch it, thanks for posting.

Hi Giel,

Very nice! I love the happy mermaids!! Beautiful images of impressive rigging.

Best regards,

Lin

New slideshow "Gold & Silver a remake from 2005 made with the programm XatShow and now with pte 5.18 All comments are welcome! Enjoy!

Hello Gilio,

I have just viewed your show, and the photography is excellent, marvellous colors, well composed and very sharp, every detail visible.

I hope you don't mind a little constructive criticism, as there are a couple of points I would like to make.

The first is the wording in English on the opening image. I realize that your first language is not English, so I have taken the liberty of rewriting some of your phrases, as follows:

"The replicas "Batavia" and "Prins Willem" were built in Dutch shipyards. The title "Gold and Silver" stands for the Golden Century and the silver cargo.

Currently they are working on a new replica of the "7 Provincien" at the Batavia shipyard in Lelystad."

No apostrophe is needed in 'replicas' - although that is a very common mistake even among native English users! and th other changes reflect normal English usage.

The second point is that the timing seems too fast, and the transitions too long, and the result is that there isn't really enough time to study the immense amount of detail in the images before the fade into the next image starts, and I found myself wanting to stop the show to better see the images.

Regards,

Colin

Giel,

I watched your show on the old sailing ships and enjoyed it very much. I like the effect with the cannon blasting off (and the mermaids, too, of course!)

Just a note for those who want to examine the show in more detail: by pressing the space bar it is possible to pause the show, and then forward through the slides at one's own will (without the effective accompanying music, of course).

Thanks for posting this show for us to see!

Hi Gilio

Liked the show and the very nice photography (lots of close ups) The bang from the canon was a nice little extra. I was interested to see this as some time ago in the late nineteen eighties I think it was, I made a visit to see the very start of the construction of the Batavia but have never seen the completed ship so this was of great interest to me. Thanks a lot for the show

Regards Paul