WnSoft Forums

Please update me!

Moelwyn

Hello,

Could somebody please be kind enough to help me with the following:

I have had a few years break form using PTE but now that I have started photographing weddings I am using PTE to create my proof DVD's. I am using version 4.48 and resize my pictures to 800 pxls for proofing as suggested by Barry Bekham. Until now I have created 1 video file and burned the dvd using Ulead video studio 8. This sometimes crashed half way through with microsoft report error message but I would burn again and it would work. I have for the past 2 days tried to burn a dvd with 4 chapters, each video file created and left open in PTE. I create a menu in ulead video studio 8 and burn as normal. But this time It crashes everytime half way through about 45 mins in (very frustrating!!) I also have nero vision 4 and tried using this to create my dvd with chapters. For some reason this expanded this slidshow size which made the slide comment (picture name) dissapear, the fade transition was not smooth and it took 3 hours to create! :angry:

OK, MY QUESTION IS THIS: WHAT IS THE BEST, MOST RELIABLE AND QUICKEST SOFTWARE FOR ME TO USE TO BURN MY DVD'S WITH CHAPTERS OF DIFFERENT SLIDESHOWS WITHOUT ANY HICKUPS??? I WOULD LIKE KEEP MY PICTURES AT 800 PXLS. I TRIED TO USE PTE DELUXE 5 BUT THE PREVIEW TRANSITION WAS NOT SMOOTH AND THIS ALSO EXPANDED THE SIZE OF SLIDSHOW MAKING IT LOOK SLIGHTLY PIXELATED AND LOST THE SLIDE COMMENT AGAIN.

PLEASE HELP AS MY CLIENT IS WAITING FOR THE DVD

THANK YOU SO MUCH. IN THE MEANTIME I WILL SCOUT THE FORUM FOR HELP. ;)

Moelwyn

Moelwyn,

Did you try burning the DVD using the burner built into PTE deluxe rather than an external burner? I have used it on several shows and have had excellent results.

Howard

Hello Howard,

I am using PTE v.4.48 which does nor have the built in burner. I would like to stay with v.4.48 as my 800 pxls slides are for some reason expanded in v.5

I am only creating a proof slideshow so having a full size image on screen is not important.

Moelwyn.

I am using PTE v.4.48 which does nor have the built in burner. I would like to stay with v.4.48 as my 800 pxls slides are for some reason expanded in v.5

I am only creating a proof slideshow so having a full size image on screen is not important.

Moelwyn,

You can retain the original size of your images by selecting "original" mode in O&A for each slide, or by selecting "windowed mode" in Project Options.

If you are proficient in text editing, you can open your ".pte" project file in a text editor, and replace "FitMode=PlaceInto" with "FitMode=None" to set all images and objects to "original" mode. Change the name of the project file when you re-save the edited text file in case this causes unforseen and undesired effects in the new ".pte" file.